Wedding Music

Hi everyone. I have not filtered thru all the threads so I thought I would just ask to see.

Getting married on the Carnival Destiny in SJ and would like to know what wedding songs everyone has chosen and what websites you used to download them. . Also how many songs would be needed for the reception. I have chosen the Deluxe package but have no clue as to how many or what variety to choose. Would like to get some ideas of what others have used..

As far as the wedding and the timeframe how many songs did you choose for that as well....

Thanks for any help

Janice

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Janice- I just had the best time this weekend chosing and downloading our wedding music for our August 25th wedding onboard the Sovereign. I used Limewire. It's easy and free. I stressed for a while over what to choose and got some great suggestions from a few of the recent brides on here.

We decided to go with more contemporary music for the ceremony, b/c ours will be a very "tropical/beachy" affair, even tho we are marrying in port. We always wanted a beach wedding, but love cruising and it was so much more economical.

Think Norah Jones, Sting, Rod Stewart, John Mayer etc for the ceremony and then Jimmy Buffet, Sean Paul, Bob Marley, a bit of country and current top 40 for the reception. With limewire you can search by artist, song title or genre so I just kept putting in different search ideas.

Best of luck and congrats!! I hope this helps!

PS- for an hour long reception, I was able to fit in about 16 somgs.

Julie

We did the deluxe package on the Miracle a couple months ago. We burned a mix cd from music we already had on cd's and a few we borrowed and a couple we bought. We bought a compilation disc of traditional wedding music and used that for the ceremony. The disc we burned had about 80 minutes of music but we missed a couple songs because the reception started a few minutes late and they stopped the music a couple times to cut the cake and do a toast, etc. We made copies of the disc and gave it to the guests as favors. Here is our reception music:

“Another One Bites The Dust” Queen

“Message in a Bottle” The Police

“Is This Love” Bob Marley

“Wonderful World” Louis Armstrong

“Good Riddance (Time of Your life)” Green Day

“Unforgettable” Nat King Cole

“Big Bad Bill” Van Halen

“Could You Be Loved” Bob Marley

“Crazy Little Thing Called Love” Queen

“Son of a Son of a Sailor” Jimmy Buffett

“Time Stand Still” Rush

“One Love/People Get Ready” Bob Marley

“Under Pressure” Queen

“Let’s Get It On” Marvin Gaye

“Cant Get Enough” Bad Company

“I Get a Kick Out Of You” Frank Sinatra

“Desire” U2

“L-O-V-E” Nat King Cole

“Sweet Emotion” (Live) Aerosmith

“Stir it Up” Bob Marley

“Why Don‘t We Get Drunk” Jimmy Buffett

“Happy Trails” Van Halen

DH and I met in a local community theater production. So our wedding music was almost entirely from Broadway musicals. It was an easy way to add a personal touch to the day. For example, we used the wedding march from The Sound of Music for the processional.

One good thing that we did was to make two seperate CDs -- one for the ceremony and a second one for the reception. It made it much easier for the wedding coordinator and the DJ to queue things up. We also made a spare copy of each of the CDs (left in the care of the best man) as a back up.

• 2 months later...
We did the deluxe package on the Miracle a couple months ago. We burned a mix cd from music we already had on cd's and a few we borrowed and a couple we bought. We bought a compilation disc of traditional wedding music and used that for the ceremony. The disc we burned had about 80 minutes of music but we missed a couple songs because the reception started a few minutes late and they stopped the music a couple times to cut the cake and do a toast, etc. We made copies of the disc and gave it to the guests as favors. Here is our reception music:

“Another One Bites The Dust” Queen

“Message in a Bottle” The Police

“Is This Love” Bob Marley

“Wonderful World” Louis Armstrong

“Good Riddance (Time of Your life)” Green Day

“Unforgettable” Nat King Cole

“Big Bad Bill” Van Halen

“Could You Be Loved” Bob Marley

“Crazy Little Thing Called Love” Queen

“Son of a Son of a Sailor” Jimmy Buffett

“Time Stand Still” Rush

“One Love/People Get Ready” Bob Marley

“Under Pressure” Queen

“Let’s Get It On” Marvin Gaye

“Cant Get Enough” Bad Company

“I Get a Kick Out Of You” Frank Sinatra

“Desire” U2

“L-O-V-E” Nat King Cole

“Sweet Emotion” (Live) Aerosmith

“Stir it Up” Bob Marley

“Why Don‘t We Get Drunk” Jimmy Buffett

“Happy Trails” Van Halen

I didnt know you could make your own cd and they will play it for the whole reception instead of having a DJ or Pianist? If so that is what I would rather do....Im getting married in December aboard the Miracle.

For the Ceremony music I chose just the traditional but would like to have music from a Cd for the reception for first dance and father/daughter dance....Is there even enough time or room for the dances???

My new husband is a former DJ and he planned all of our reception music, then we gave away CDs with our favors. It was a big hit as he has very eclectic tastes but he was disappointed that we were pulled away for pics and things and only got to play about half of the disc. We still hired the DJ so that we could be assured of having a sound system. Otherwise I don't think we would have been allowed to use the cruiseline's audio equipment.

For the ceremony itself we used acoustical versions of Beatles' songs. We used "In My Life" for the wedding processional, "Michelle" (ny name song) for the bride's processional, and "Here Comes the Sun" for the recessional.

Good luck!

• 7 years later...