Flight time-is this possible

Arriving in LAX from Tahiti at 6:50 pm. Trying to arrange a flight using my Delta miles coming back to MSP. Only flight I can find leaves LAX at 7:55 pm. Is this cutting it too close? If I used Princess EZ air baggage transfers will my luggage will be taken care of so I don't have to pick them up? Anyone know how far Tahiti AIr terminal is from the Delta terminal?

You will be required to secure your bags in at LAX and go through customs ...

Not enough time

Delta is in Terminal 5 and ATN is in the International Terminal. Not that far but you will get held up by customs before you can re-direct bags to Delta and then walk over to Terminal 5

Edited by Tikiintahiti

A flight that leaves LAX for MSP at 8 p.m. will not arrive until around 2:30 a.m. MSP time. That doesn't sound like fun, unless you are good at sleeping on planes. Staying overnight near LAX sounds like a better idea.

The only way you could make a 1-hour international to domestic connection at LAX is no checked baggage and Global Entry. I use Global Entry all the time for business travel and am usually through passport control and customs in about 5-minutes, if I don't check bags. If you check bags, you have to wait for your luggage between passport control and customs. Even then, it could be a problem if there is a long line at security screening for Terminal 5.

http://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-traveler-programs/global-entry

Edited by Mercruiser