Limon Excursions: Rainforest Walk, Canal Cruise, Banana Plantation?

Abram797

I would like comments on some excursions when we dock in Limon, Costa Rica.

I was thinking of the Rain Forest Walk, a Canal Cruise and visiting a banana plantation.

Would like some comments on these. We are not real interested in doing Zip Lines and Aerial trams that I see advertised, but wondering if the above excursions are worth it?

Also, would like some recommendations on private tour companies rather than the ones offered by the ship.

Thank you for comments.

• 2 weeks later...

Part of the tour I did included the Tortuguero Canals. It was great. We luckily got there before the rain started. If you plan on a banana plantation I do not think they are normally open on a Sunday if that is the day you are in port (I was). My tour also included a walk in the rain forest and it was fine. I did the tram as well and that was nice. It had been raining and there was not much out and about but it was pretty and the guides try really hard at the rain forest.

I would like comments on some excursions when we dock in Limon, Costa Rica.

I was thinking of the Rain Forest Walk, a Canal Cruise and visiting a banana plantation.

Would like some comments on these. We are not real interested in doing Zip Lines and Aerial trams that I see advertised, but wondering if the above excursions are worth it?

Also, would like some recommendations on private tour companies rather than the ones offered by the ship.

Thank you for comments.

• 4 weeks later...
Part of the tour I did included the Tortuguero Canals. It was great. We luckily got there before the rain started. If you plan on a banana plantation I do not think they are normally open on a Sunday if that is the day you are in port (I was). My tour also included a walk in the rain forest and it was fine. I did the tram as well and that was nice. It had been raining and there was not much out and about but it was pretty and the guides try really hard at the rain forest.

Just curious, which rain forest did you visit? We would like to do a similar tour while in Puerto Limon - Tortuguero Canal + rain forest. We are just not sure of which rain forest to visit.