Windstar Pricing: Travel Agent Needed?

aaaaa

I believe you can receive some perks from travel agents, OBC etc but pricing has mostly been consistent with Windstar. I have booked my last two Windstar cruises thru a TA affiliated with my airline credit card and have received, thru ongoing promotions, enough miles into my airline account to just about purchase my award flights to my cruise destination.

Thank has worked very well for me.

Reminder about posts asking for or making Travel Agent recommendations ... from our guidelines:

There shall be no third-party recommendation (whether positive or negative in content) of travel agencies on any forums within Cruise Critic. General discussions regarding the TYPE of AGENCY to be used to purchase a cruise will be allowed, as long as no recommendations for any source of purchase are posted.

Touting of your personal cruise agent or cruise line "personal cruise consultant" (or any other venue by which you purchase a cruise) is not allowed on our message boards.

This means you should not ask about someone's travel agent, nor should you respond in kind. Offering to email someone your travel agent's name or info is also not allowed, nor is asking members to email you for the information.

I have always received significant discounts from online TAs. Key is to do a search on discount cruises and you will find many that will offer significant discounts on Windstar. Contact a few of them and ask for pricing and be specific on which cabin category you want. Unfortunately since Windstar is a small line, many agencies do not book them.

Key is for you to know what cruise you want as they are basically a booking service.