Need excursion suggestions

nanaatosix

My DH and I will be taking the 10 day Christmas cruise on the Emerald Princess. He is unable to walk very far but doesn't use a wheelchair. Any suggestions as to the best excursion to take, we thought we would just do one then if he felt like it would just get off of ship and slowly walk around towns and let him stop when he needed to. :confused:

Unless he likes shopping, I think it might be more interesting to take some of the "easy" bus tours where you can see some of the sights and the island scenery. I have been on some where there are photo stops, but you don't have to get on and off the bus if you don't want to.

Sorry, Princess Cays, St. Thomas, Atigua, Barbuda, St Kitts & Nevis, Barbados, St. Lucia...

On St. Thomas, Mountain Top is supposed to reopen this month. They had a fire that burned it to the ground. A bus tour that stops there would be good. It's not alot of walking and has a great view.

On St. Thomas, Mountain Top is supposed to reopen this month. They had a fire that burned it to the ground. A bus tour that stops there would be good. It's not alot of walking and has a great view.

Just rechecked...Mountain Top is now scheduled to reopen late January, 2011. Sorry :(

Sorry, Princess Cays, St. Thomas, Atigua, Barbuda, St Kitts & Nevis, Barbados, St. Lucia...

In St. Kitts, the train ride is not a lot of walking as they take you right to the tracks and you enter the train there. It's pricey, but very enjoyable and you do see a lot.

In Barbados, a taxi could take you on a tour of the island which is beautiful and in particular, the caves -- Harrison Caves are fantastic -- it's a tram ride that goes into the caves (no walking). Again, pricey, but something he won't ever forget.

Don't know if you've ever cruised before, but there is quite a bit of walking or standing in line just to get off/on the ship. Suggest to rent a wheelchair from CARE VACATIONS -- it folds into trunk of taxi and will come in handy. Have fun. V.

Archived