Civitavecchia Hotel and food info

CruisinNana

A friend of mine is in Civitavecchia today and has sent me the following information. The information refers to places close to the San Giorgio Hotel, but if you are interested, you can find these places from other hotels....

"The computer is in the lobby of the hotel with easy access so let me make 1 correction--the gelatto place that is the best and is also suppose to have a wonderful breakfast roll with a sweet center is Casa Del Gelato.Also,went to a wonderful shop called The Leather Shop, with very reasonable Italian leather purses .Again,as you go out the front door of the hotel,most everything is to the right, as is this shop (turn right again at McDonalds(thank goodness only 1 of those and 1 subway--yuk) and then up the street as you take another right(right behind a yellow souvenir stand and then you see the litttle store on the corner on the side street.I bought a great-looking red purse.I know you may want to wait because of leather in Turkey etc.--I did like this shop--very little to do here,but enjoyable and pleasant to walk around."

"I went about 2 blocks down ,to the right and had great Pizza.I ask for garlic free and he said out of 18 homemade Pizzas only 1 had Garlic.Pizzas with Garlic are American.The crust was fresh,the tomato sauce filled with fresh tomatoes,delicious cheese and fresh mushrooms--ate it all--with wine now time for bed,sail tomorrow.The restarant (had other dishes too)Ristorante-Pizza da Vitale tel number 07662363900,no reservations needed ,ultra casual"

Archived