SMD2 An Ultimate Island Tour: Explorer Cruise and Island

masspector

Interested in reviews or comments on the subject RCCL sponsored tour from anyone that has actually taken it in the last year or so. Will be on Oasis in October. Not interested in other recommendations. I have already researched all options. My husband and I selected this tour but want to know if there are any really good or bad things about it. How much free time is there in Marigot? Is it enough time? What complimentary drinks are there? Thanks for your help

We did this tour with Royal on Explorer of the Seas last year. I can't say anything bad about this tour, we enjoyed it. Our only disappointment was the sightseeing part on the way to Marigot was very similar to what we have experienced many times with Bernard's tours. A few photo stops along the way to Marigot were made on this tour. Once we arrived in Marigot, we were given 1 hour to walk around the town.

We then boarded the double decker boat called *Explorer* which cruised down Simpson Bay for approx. 1 hour. There was plenty of sun and shade on this boat. Music was provided on board and people were singing and dancing, and we had a good group of passengers on board this tour that liked to party. Drinks they provided on board the boat were beer, water, rum punch and soda, all complimentary. We only took this excursion for the boat ride which we enjoyed very much since we've been to St. Martin numerous before. Wished we had more time cruising down Simpson Bay would be our only complaint about this tour since we enjoy boating.

If you've never been to St Maarten/St. Martin, I would highly recommend this tour.

• 1 year later...