QM2 Captain's Party

queenteacher

Who is chosen to attend the Captain's party? We are booked in a Princess Grilll cabin for the December 16th sailing. I am just wondering what extra perks we will be receiving. We are so very excited to sail! I love all the formal nights and can't wait to get my husband onto the dance floor!

We would love to hear from anyone who has been in the Princess Grill cabins.

Thanks!

Who is chosen to attend the Captain's party? We are booked in a Princess Grilll cabin for the December 16th sailing. I am just wondering what extra perks we will be receiving. We are so very excited to sail! I love all the formal nights and can't wait to get my husband onto the dance floor!

We would love to hear from anyone who has been in the Princess Grill cabins.

Thanks!

every one gets invited to the captains parties (more than one) usually done by grills or resturants i.e different people different evenings.

my wife and i sailed in the p-grill on th qm2 april 2,2005 nyc to the caribbe and back to nyc cabin #10025 it was magnificent your going to luv it!! we will be sailing again on dec 9 2006 fll to fll 7 nites this time we will fly to fll if they let my wife on the plane with all her luggage!!!! enjoy BON VOYAGE

Who is chosen to attend the Captain's party?

There are at least three Captain's Parties. Or there are on the QE2 and I suspect that the QM2 is much the same.

The first is the most prestigious - that's his own party. You have to be either commercially important to Cunard, a VIP or a personal friend of the Captain or someone close to him. If you're not invited to the party then you wouldn't be aware that it was going on. I've been once and it wasn't that exciting - the best bit was seeing the Captain's private quarters. You might also hear about other private parties as a lot of the senior officers have them (I say have, it could just be the Wardroom party now if Cunard are trying to economise).

The second is for 1/3 of the Platinum members of the World Club. You get invited to one of three: the Captain, the Hotel Manager or the Chief Engineer. I've only ever got as far as the Chief Engineer.

The third is the one that everyone gets to. It's split into four events over two days (or is on the QE2) it can be a bun fight, but it can also be fun. They don't serve Champagne, just warm sparkling wine. A good tip here is to ask for something else (like gin or whisky) They'll fetch it for you at Cunard's expense.

Archived