Vow renewal on QV

bkecky

I was wondering if anyone had some recent experience of the wedding vow renewal package on QV. Specifically I was hoping to find out where it would be conducted and how much freedom you have for personalising the ceremony. We aren't sure yet how many people will be joining us but we were thinking we may also meet some friends on board who we may like to invite as well. The form asks you to specify the number of people so can this be changed on board? From what I gather it seems that you also arrange the date when on the ship.

Any additional details would also be welcome as the last time I attended a vow renewal was back on the QE2 so I imagine it has changed somewhat!

I was wondering if anyone had some recent experience of the wedding vow renewal package on QV. Specifically I was hoping to find out where it would be conducted and how much freedom you have for personalising the ceremony. We aren't sure yet how many people will be joining us but we were thinking we may also meet some friends on board who we may like to invite as well. The form asks you to specify the number of people so can this be changed on board? From what I gather it seems that you also arrange the date when on the ship.

Any additional details would also be welcome as the last time I attended a vow renewal was back on the QE2 so I imagine it has changed somewhat!

Hi Becky

My sister and her partner got married whilst I was on the world cruise last year, it was a fantastic event. They did mention that the organisation for it with Cunard before they boarded was a little "difficult" however once the Commodores Secretary (Crystal) took over once they got on board that everything ran like clockwork and she couldn't have bent over further for them offering various suggestions and opportunities that they hadn't thought of.

There were about 8 of us in the Admirals lounge including the ship photographer, Crystal and the Commodore and the room could have easily taken a lot more. I have been to others on board where there has been a huge amount of guests and in the nightclub which is another alternative venue was used. I know that one particular wedding - no names mentioned - was such a big deal that the couple discussed having it in the ballroom and inviting the whole ship. Didn't happen....but would have been fabulous if it did!

You have the full run of the ship for photographs and my sister had a couple of venues in particular chosen for them - the ship has fantastic and very photogenic spots perfect for this sort of pic. We had the breakfast in the Verandah and were looked after royally during our meal there.

I know that the wedding cake followed them into the Dining room for days afterwards and they finally finished it off by sending it to all their surrounding tables. It was a terrific event - it was perfect for all those involved as all us had all been cruising together for many years and it was a surprise for all of us as we didn't know they were planning to marry, it was probably the nicest wedding Ive ever been to.

If you have any specific questions about the organisation of it I would be happy to ask her on your behalf... in the meantime...i wrote a blog about it here...

http://exitviathegiftshop.blogspot.co.nz/2016/03/omg-omg-omg-23-march-2016.html

Im sure you will have an amazing event.....send us some pics!

Thank you so much for that detailed response! I was a bit worried about pre-voyage organisation as Cunard generally are a bit lax on their shoreside customer service. So very pleased to hear all went well on board. Loved the photos on your blog!

One question I do have is about flowers. The package includes a buttonhole and bouquet but it doesn't specify the choice of what is available or if it is just a standard offering. I had an artificial bouquet so I would likely take mine with me and then get two buttonholes so that my grandfather could wear one. I don't suppose your sister has some insight into which buttonholes were available?

Thanks so much for taking the time to write such an in depth post!

Thank you so much for that detailed response! I was a bit worried about pre-voyage organisation as Cunard generally are a bit lax on their shoreside customer service. So very pleased to hear all went well on board. Loved the photos on your blog!

One question I do have is about flowers. The package includes a buttonhole and bouquet but it doesn't specify the choice of what is available or if it is just a standard offering. I had an artificial bouquet so I would likely take mine with me and then get two buttonholes so that my grandfather could wear one. I don't suppose your sister has some insight into which buttonholes were available?

Thanks so much for taking the time to write such an in depth post!

Hi apparently the button holes and flowers are seasonal and what is left onboard...they are

limited of course to what they have as they can't run down to the corner shop for a top up..

Jan had roses, they apparently usually have plenty of them, she couldnt take them off with

her because of the restrictions and limitations at customs at the disembarking port.

Once onboard they had an interview and meeting with the Wedding Planner with the photographer and they were given complete plans and options. Jan and Layne scaled back the suggestions as they wanted simple but she said you could have gone completely over the top if you wanted....which surprises me that they didn't!

Her last comments were that as soon as Crystal was involved they didn't have to worry about anything or do a thing and it was her easiest wedding....(She's had a few but thats another story)

She also said...Best Wishes!