Bernards SXM Island Toru II vs. Amigo St. Maarten Highlights Tour

I have found both of these companies that offer a bus/van tour where they drive you all over the island and hit many top tourist destinations.

Bernards SXM Island Tour II is $45/person and has the following stops (listed as 5.5 hour tour):

Pick up at cruise pier

Iguana Farm

Stop at the French and Dutch border (2 minutes)

Brief stop at Oyster Pond over looking the island of St Barth (5-10minutes)

Orient Beach where you'll be able to swim and have lunch (90-120 minutes)

Marigot- open market (French Capital) (30 minutes)

Maho Beach- see low flying plans (45 minutes)

Drive through Simpson Bay marina

Harold Jack Hill (view of Simpson Marina, Airport and Anguilla)

Return to Philipsburg

Amigo- St. Marteen Highlights is $42/person and has the following stops (listed as 5 hour tour):

Great Salt Pond

Oyster Bay

Corilita Bay

Paradise View

Orient Beach (Approx. 30 minutes)

Grand Case Village

Marigot (Approx. 45 minutes)

Border Monument

Maho Beach (Approx. 45 minutes)

Cole Bay Hill

To me, it seems as though the Amigo's tour has more stops and the Bernard tour leaves more time at Orient Beach. My husband is all about culture and history and could care less about the beach since we live 10 minutes from the ocean, and I love beach stops and pretty views, so a tour like one of these seemed like our best option. Also, both have decent reviews on Trip Advisor and both give out complimentary refreshments (water, soft drinks, beers, and rum punch).

Does anyone have any experience with either and/or both companies and would recommend one over the other? They both seem similar but wasn't sure if one stood out over the other as far as experience, customer service, etc.

We did the Bernard's tour in April of this year. However, we did one without any beach time. The tour was excellent. We really enjoyed it! Once we debarked the ship we followed the directions out to the right of the shopping area, then back left to a large tent. We settled up the remainder of what we owed (less deposit paid on his website via PayPal). We were asked to have a seat for a few minutes. It was less than 5 minutes and a gentleman who called himself Action Jackson came in and led us to his van. We did everything you mentioned except swimming and lunch. We did stop at the nude beach for a few minutes, but we had not booked a tour with swimming/beach lounging time. Jackson was an excellent guide. Very personable and knowledgeable of his island. We only stayed at Maho about 30 minutes, but that was at our group's request. It was very crowded and hot, so we opted to leave. Everyone on our tour agreed. I thought it was a great tour. Well worth the money we spent. Plenty of shopping time or eating time in Marigot.