Transportation from JFK to Manhatten

pdoeringer

We will be traveling with a Pride Go-Go scooter. I can walk and get into a regular seat in a car or van with no problem. It's just bad knees and can not walk distances.

Does anybody have an idea about getting to the hotel from JFK? I see that Super Shuttle you can order a handicapped van but have no idea how that would work. My scooter breaks into 4 pieces. I just need room to store the scooter and baggage for 4 people.

Is there some operation in NYC that has vans or cars that could handle our situation?

Thanks

Super Shuttle met me at LaGuardia with a van that I just drove my scooter onto. They secured the scooter, and I just sat there on the scooter until we reached the port.

How many other people can this van seat and what about luggage????

Thanks for the reply.

I usually ship my luggage directly to the ship, so I didn't have that issue. But, those vans are huge and in addition to the area where they had my scooter, there were four regular seats. I would guess the van could easily hold 6 regular size bags and a few carry ons.

I usually ship my luggage directly to the ship, so I didn't have that issue. But, those vans are huge and in addition to the area where they had my scooter, there were four regular seats. I would guess the van could easily hold 6 regular size bags and a few carry ons.

Thanks for the info. I think I will use them. I can not ship the bags to the ship as we are getting to NYC on Friday at about 5 PM and the ship leaves on Sunday.

Thanks for the info. I think I will use them. I can not ship the bags to the ship as we are getting to NYC on Friday at about 5 PM and the ship leaves on Sunday.

You can ship the bags to the hotel. I've done that a number of times. It's not cheap, but when you're a disabled person, the least amount of things you have to hassle with, the better.

Archived