Shete Boka Nat'l Park

l2f

ISA65 hope you (or someone) can help. The articles I'm reading seem to provide difference opinions.

We are trying to plan a trip to Shete Boka Nat'l Park while in port. (Port time 1-11PM) Some places I read there is perhaps a hour walk/hike to go from one Boka to the next. While other places say you can drive to each of them.

We are trying to determine A) if we can drive between them (thus allowing to see more in last time); B) How many we really can see for our time; C) How much time should we allow in the park; D) Is the 1.5 hour round trip drive too long for the time we have.

I know people say there is a lot of info on Curacao on that other social media site. However we do not do that site.

Thanks in advance.

Shete Boka is really not that big. Some of the boka's are accessible by car, others you can follow a trail to get to the shoreline.

If you get your rental car and drive directly to Shete Boka, you will have ample time to see the entire area. There are good signs at the park telling you where to go.

Give yourself until 6 pm to start your drive back into town and you will have sufficient time for the boka's and even a swim at one of the Western beaches.

One word of advice - do NOT leave any valuables in the car.

Thanks ISA65. We were actually getting a taxi/private driver. They said they would be stay with us. I assume meaning in the car.

Just trying to plan the time and be prepped for which bokas we can see and perhaps the ones that may be a considerable (from a time point of view) amount of time.

You mention 6PM. Is that is avoid traffic or to get back by dark?

Lastly is the area safe? You mention not leaving valuables in the car. Is this more of a crime of opportunity precaution?

Thanks again.

Thanks ISA65. We were actually getting a taxi/private driver. They said they would be stay with us. I assume meaning in the car.

Just trying to plan the time and be prepped for which bokas we can see and perhaps the ones that may be a considerable (from a time point of view) amount of time.

You mention 6PM. Is that is avoid traffic or to get back by dark?

Lastly is the area safe? You mention not leaving valuables in the car. Is this more of a crime of opportunity precaution?

Thanks again.

If you have a private driver that's even better, this will save you time trying to find your way there.

You would need a maximum of 2 hours to see it all, really.

6 PM it starts to get dark, but if you're with a driver that won't be an issue. There will be lots of traffic in the opposite direction, folks working in Willemstad returning home.

The area is safe, but there have been instances when tourists leave snorkeling gear, mobile phones, etc in the car and the car gets broken into. You can avoid that by not carrying valuables and not leaving anything in the vehicle.

Have a great day on the island!