Stocking Stuffer?

travel-to-go

Well, I clicked on the "Stocking Stuffer" link at the top of the page (or on the main page as you enter the cruisecritic.com website)

And here is what it brought me.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/cruisestyles/giftcentral.cfm

Gift Item of the Week

The ultimate gift for that special Cunard fan is an exquisite 38.8-inch-long 1:350-scale model of Queen Mary 2. Made from brass and fiberglass, the model shows the ship in extraordinary detail and sits on brass pedestals atop a wooden base. It comes with a plaque bearing pertinent statistics of the ship -- which can also be personalized since each model is made to order. Of course, if the only thing wrong with this model is what ship it depicts, the model-makers will be glad to build you a model of another ship instead. $3,500

Wow! Talk about big stockings to fill!

Karie,

Still working at 4:15 AM EST

iotw_cunard.jpg.d7d9acb5ba83cac32bb4634b0e39b8c1.jpg

Shopping for Marc's present I see. $3500 is a big steep...heck, I could go on a cruise for that price. Looks like a nice model of the ship though. I'm curious to see what QM2 looks like after her dry dock with the wider bridge wings...need to do a search to find some photos.

Take care...happy holidays to you and Marc.

Can I just get the real thing as a stocking stuffer??? I hate substitutes!!;)

Johhny...I might have a couple of pictures of the new bridge wings from my cruise last week. Leave me an email here and I'll send them to you.

Cheers, Penny...still wishfully "Live from the QM2"

Okay, it isn't that huge model that's in the Grand Lobby. But it is also not $3,500.

Over in the corner where the kids' clothes are you will find very nice model kits of the QM2. And they're only $60. We have yet to put it together (six months later...). But we've looked at it and it is a very respectable model we'll be pleased to have (whenever it is done).

So, buy yourself a $60 model and enjoy putting it together. Save the other $3,400 for.....

Okay, it isn't that huge model that's in the Grand Lobby. But it is also not $3,500.

Over in the corner where the kids' clothes are you will find very nice model kits of the QM2. And they're only $60. We have yet to put it together (six months later...). But we've looked at it and it is a very respectable model we'll be pleased to have (whenever it is done).

So, buy yourself a $60 model and enjoy putting it together. Save the other $3,400 for.....

Hmm, this sounds pretty interesting. I'll have to check itout.

Is it like the plastic car and airplane and such ones I had as a kid? Where you use plastic cement to put them together?

Karie,

Who hasn't built one of those in decades, but can still remember the headaches from that glue!

Well, I clicked on the "Stocking Stuffer" link at the top of the page (or on the main page as you enter the cruisecritic.com website)

And here is what it brought me.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/cruisestyles/giftcentral.cfm

Wow! Talk about big stockings to fill!

Karie,

Still working at 4:15 AM EST

Karie, if you would like to get one of these models for us for Christmas, we'd be most grateful. And after all, you do have the address.... :D

Randy

Karie, if you would like to get one of these models for us for Christmas, we'd be most grateful. And after all, you do have the address.... :D

Randy

And here I was thinking how convenient it would be for YOU, being on the WC, to pick up that little thing behind the bar at Commodore for me!

I mean, it can't be much, after all, right?

Heck I'll pay shipping!

Karie,

who would be glad to send you my address again, and take a day off to be here when that model in the Commodore arrives at my house

And here I was thinking how convenient it would be for YOU, being on the WC, to pick up that little thing behind the bar at Commodore for me!

I mean, it can't be much, after all, right?

Heck I'll pay shipping!

Karie,

who would be glad to send you my address again, and take a day off to be here when that model in the Commodore arrives at my house

Well Karie, we'd love to do that for you, of course. However, upon inquiry, I learned that the model in the Commodore is not for sale. :rolleyes:

So sorry,

Randy

who would gladly settle for the 38" model Karie referenced above.... :p

Um, excuse me for butting in but....that really nice model you mention that was in the Commodore Club??? Note the use of the word "WAS"??? It looks fantastic on my mantle...if you're ever in SC stop by to see it. I think they were going to fill that space with potted plants or something..maybe a fern...you'll never notice that it's gone.:p

Cheers, Penny....who might just have had a tad too much alcohol laced cakes at a dessert party tonight :D ...and is still wishfully "Live from the QM2"

Hmm, this sounds pretty interesting. I'll have to check itout.

Is it like the plastic car and airplane and such ones I had as a kid? Where you use plastic cement to put them together?

Karie,

Who hasn't built one of those in decades, but can still remember the headaches from that glue!

This one is a bit nicer than most models I have seen. It really is very nice. But not something that requires a master-of-models qualification. And only $60. I had better buy another in January (CAN'T WAIT).

Archived