Valencia Help

Giantfan13

We are doing a TA cruise from Rome, stopping in Valencia for the day. We love to do most ports on our own, is this a possibility in Valencia? We have been very lax in our planning and the cruise is less than 2 months away, so any help would be appreciated.

What are the sort of 'must see' things?

Can we do touring on our own or would it be advisable to book with a private tour company?

We are seniors but are fairly mobile and do get around. We most like sightseeing.

Again, I understand it is a general question, but any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Len

In a nutshell there is choice between visiting old town area around city hall and Central market. Website has listings of interesting buildings and museums there. Look at historic center route. And modern part which is City of Science, Oceanarium, etc. Easily can do both in a day.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

We were looking at a tour group, Spain Day tours which offer a 1/2 day tour for 45E or a full day for 69E. The full day offers some time in the Jewish section which might appeal to us as we are of that faith.

Would that be a reasonable price for this city?

Cheers

Len

Personally, I think those prices fairly expensive for Valencia. It isn't a particularly large city and easy to get around on your own on public transport, taxi or HOHO bus.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

From the dock, where would we be able to get the HoHo bus? Do we have to get into town for it and how would we do that? On looking at the Valencia web page, there are two HoHo bus tours with one being a bit cheaper. Is one better than the other?

Cheers

Len

Edited by Giantfan13