A few questions about Neville turtle swim

New2cruise1483

We are going to be in Barbados in September and are thinking of going out with Neville to swim with the turtles, I have a few questions however

1) I am not a very strong swimmer and have never snorkled. Do they provide any sort of flotation device and do they provide provide the snorkel equipment?

2) How much does it cost per person?

3) From what I understand, he will be by the Boatyard. Do we have to pay admission to the Boatyard before we can try to find Neville or can we just go through to where he is at? I don't think we will hang out there all day, just go out to the turtles, and wander down to Lobster Alive or Harbour Lights.

4) How will we find him? Just ask around or does he have a sign?

Sorry for all the questions all at once, but I didn't want to start a bunch of different threads lol. Thanks in advance for the help :D

We are going to be in Barbados in September and are thinking of going out with Neville to swim with the turtles, I have a few questions however

1) I am not a very strong swimmer and have never snorkled. Do they provide any sort of flotation device and do they provide provide the snorkel equipment?

2) How much does it cost per person?

3) From what I understand, he will be by the Boatyard. Do we have to pay admission to the Boatyard before we can try to find Neville or can we just go through to where he is at? I don't think we will hang out there all day, just go out to the turtles, and wander down to Lobster Alive or Harbour Lights.

4) How will we find him? Just ask around or does he have a sign?

Sorry for all the questions all at once, but I didn't want to start a bunch of different threads lol. Thanks in advance for the help :D

When in September will you be in Barbados? I'm cruising on the Liberty 8/30 and will be in Barbados 9/2 - maybe our paths will cross :D:D:D

If you don't want to hang out there all day, then Neville is your guy. We did this itinerary last year and used Neville for our swim with the turtles. You will take a cab to the boatyard, I believe the cab there was $5. Admission to the boatyard is $15, but that includes a free drink, lounger, and your ride back to the pier. Once you get on the beach, you will be approached for watersports, just tell them you want Neville and before you know it you will see a yellow boat coming your way.

The cost to swim with the turtles was $20. the floaty life vest and snorkel equipment was included (except fins, you don't wear fins to swim with the turtles). Neville has food to feed the turtles to keep them around - they are so big, and graceful, and gentle, and beautiful. This was also my first time snorkeling and I felt very safe and comfortable; also, it's not too far off shore. After you finish swimming with the turtles, he takes you to the shipwreck for some amazing snorkeling views. Once everyone is back on board, the rum punch is PLENTIFUL.

Let me know if you have any other questions. I plan to do it again in September.

If you are not approached by someone on the beach at the boatyard, just ask one of the locals to call Neville. You will know who is a local, it will be OBVIOUS - They don't have cruise ship towels:D

Edited by tpiper55

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! We will be sailing out of San Juan on the Adventure on September 5th and I believe we will be in Barabados on the 10th. Do we HAVE to go into the Boatyard to get to Neville or can we go into Lobster Alive or Harbour Lights? I am just wanting a more relaxing beach after we're done with the turtles.

You don't have to go in through the Boatyard. You could just go to the beach at Lobster Alive or Harbour Lights and wander over to the Boatyard. For us, he was just standing there at the Boatyard with a sign, but the boat actually left from further down the beach, so he does wander around some. As long as you don't use the water toys or seats at the Boatyard, the beach itself if public. I have some video from Neville's tour in my vacation video linked in my siggy.