20th Anniversary on Voyager

klauer

My husband and I are celebrating our 20th anniversary next May with a Mediterranean cruise. Is there anything special I can do, other than indicating the occasion on the cruise form? I didn't see any type of "Bon Voyage" gifts or renewal of vows package on the RSSC website (I know we can get a cake at dinner).

Ordering a bottle of champagne doesn't seem like a great idea, since we hardly drink our "fair share" on the ship in the first place ... any other thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

We celebrated our 55th wedding aniversary on Voyager a couple of months ago. Even though it was not on the actual day, the Maitre d'hotel and waitresses brought in a cake in procession and everyone joined in singing various sweet songs. It was quite an evening. However generally you are left to organise your own celebrations, though if you have a butlered suite, the butler will help.

When we were on the Paul Gaugin last year, we celebrated our 20th anniversary although it was not the actual day. When we boarded, we received a card to turn in to the concierge to select the day we would like champagne in our room. They delivered a lovely tray with 2 glasses of champagne, an assortment of hors d'euvres and a small anniversary cake. We also received an invitation to a special anniversary party, where they served champagne and cake at sunset and performed a special Polynesian ceremony for each couple with singing and dancing by the lovely hostesses and took pictures of each couple with a ceremonial wrap and flower wreaths. It was really special. They also had a similar party for honeymooners. The Regent staff is so wonderful, I'm sure they would be happy to make suggestions to you to help you celebrate. You might call them in advance or contact them soon after boarding. Have a wonderful cruise!

Congratulations. I think you picked a great ship. I have been on 14 cruises and Voyager, as of April 07, I will have travelled on 3 times, the only ship I have ever cruised on more than once.

In your final documents there should be an order form for a lot of different events, if you want to pay for a special package for yourself. I know I have one from a couple of years ago, but I can't find it now that I want it. Sorry.

Archived