Child care on the Explorer

We're going up to Alaska at the end of August on the Explorer (first cruise), and were wondering about child care on the ship. My niece will almost be 3 (~2 months shy at time of sailing) and is potty trained. Can she be in the 3-5 age group with her brother, or would she be with the babies?

We tried calling Royal's customer service regarding whether the age line was at all flexible, but the operator seemed confused and just read the website back to us.

It's fine whatever the answer, we're just trying to plan appropriately. Thanks for the help.

We're going up to Alaska at the end of August on the Explorer (first cruise), and were wondering about child care on the ship. My niece will almost be 3 (~2 months shy at time of sailing) and is potty trained. Can she be in the 3-5 age group with her brother, or would she be with the babies?

We tried calling Royal's customer service regarding whether the age line was at all flexible, but the operator seemed confused and just read the website back to us.

It's fine whatever the answer, we're just trying to plan appropriately. Thanks for the help.

In my experience, RCCL is NOT flexible on the minimum age for participating in the drop-off children's programming. The child does need to be at least three years of age (they obviously have the birthdate and will know) and fully potty-trained in order to participate.

That said, there will most likely be times that are "open play" in the programming where your niece could enjoy the play area with an adult present with her. There also may be babysitting options available, for a fee. Hope you all have an awesome cruise, I will be on Explorer next Friday myself!