Camp Carnival Activities

keelyhealthnut

I have read that some Camp Carnival activities involve food. Does anybody have any idea what types of activities those would be and if we would be able to provide our own food for them?

I understand that we can't bring our own kids food for snacks and meals, but I am wondering if it's different for the activities. We are vegetarian and they also don't eat food coloring so if the activity involved marshmallows, sprinkles, M&Ms, etc then I would like to bring an equivalent to that so that they could participate.

The only activity I remember my DD doing that involved food was filling a big plastic tube with powdered candy. Kind of like making a giant pixy stick. So that would be pretty easy to just avoid, it was only a 30 minute block for the whole cruise.

Hopefully others will chime in to answer you! We've only done Camp Carnival once, and our DD only went for an hour or two a day when there were activities that interested her, so I can't speak with much authority!

Camp Carnival has a food allergy form that you can get. Either it is an option when you preregister, or it's something you can get from the special services depth by emailing or calling. We used it last time, and also discussed with the staff. They made it easy for us.

Yes, fill out the allergy form - we had no issues. If you choose to have your kids eat with their friends at camp (at buffet at assigned times at dinner), you will know ahead of time what the menu is - listed on daily itinerary. You can easily skip those meals that might prove problematic for your kids and they will certainly watch for allergy issues during any other food-related things.