Sailing on the Carnival Paradise in 3 days

jman1972

I really don't have anything to ask on this post, but just to say we are sailing on the Paradise in 3 days. This will be my wife and I 3rd cruise. WE are bringing both our boys 14 and 13 and this will be there 2nd cruise. We will also be cruising with my mom and step father who have never cruised before. My step father just retired so I think this will be the first of many.

I haven't been on a cruise since 2011 so I have been frequenting the boards and reminiscing about what cruising is all about, we are all excited about it. I am a 41 year old student that just got accepted into Nursing school, I am trying to become an RN. I thought this would be the best time to take a cruise since I will be up to my eyeballs in school for the next 2 years.

We are going to do Mr Sanchos in Cozumel, we went there last cruise and loved it. Anything else I need to be on the look out for since I haven't cruised for a few years. This is my 2nd Carnival cruise. Previously I sailed on the Elation out of Mobile and The Majesty of the Seas out of Miami.

Sorry for the long boring post but I am excited and I wanted to let everyone know that I have been reading the posts to get myself prepared for a great vacation. I will take a lot of pictures and post a review upon returning.

Please don't be sorry for your post, and no it is not long and boring!

I can totally relate. Ten years ago, after retiring from 25yrs in the airline business but being only in my forties, I decided to become a nursing assistant, and when I finished my course, I took a cruise on the Triumph out of Miami, because, I new that I would be working for at least a year before my next possible vacation.

Thought I would not cruise again for a long time. I have taken three cruises since then, as well a couple of land vacations.

Paradise looks like a great ship and gets some very nice reviews, so enjoy your cruise to the fullest, and best of wishes for your upcoming new learning venture. Nursing is very rewarding. :)

You're going to have a GREAT time aboard "Paradise". She's one of my absolute favorite ships, as the entertainment, food, service, and crew are all truly outstanding.

Congrats on your choice of careers. My youngest daughter has her masters in nursing, and teaches, as well as working at a hospital up in Ohio. :cool: As noted above, it's a VERY rewarding career.

I'll be aboard "Paradise" again for a B2B at the end of April. Can't wait to get back aboard again. If you have any specific questions about the ship, or cruise, don't hesitate to ask.

"SKY"

We sailed on the Paradise in February and had a great time. The comedians were hilarious. The shows were also very good. We took a "behind the scenes" tour on the last sea day ($50 pp) and had a great time. It was our 8th cruise, so it was nice to see what happens behind the curtains. My only complaint about the boat was our TV. It was so old the people literally were green in color. And there were no current movies being played. We didn't understand that as we have always had great movies to watch if we wanted to relax in our room. Considering it was February, the weather was on the cooler side, so this did matter to us where we normally sail in warmer weather and we are outside a lot more. All in all, we had a great time and I know you all will! Enjoy!!:D