Dublin HO-HO and Delkey Castle

kwcrnp

We're looking at doing the Dublin HO-HO bus on our day in Dublin. There is a Dublin Pass that gives you admission to many popular sights. Most of the sights that we're interested in are on the HO-HO route. But I can't tell if the HO-HO route includes or goes nearby the Delkey Castle. I did a search for the actual map of the HO-HO bus route to see if it was near the Castle but I can't find a map.

Does anyone know??

I assume you are talking about Dalkey Castle and Heritage Center. It is found in the Medieval Goat Castle in Dalkey, 12.8 km south on the N10. No, it is too far from the central area of Dublin where the HoHo routes are located. There is a good bus system and there may be a local bus that goes there. In fact, the Dalkey Castle website says that Dalkey is on the Dart line from Dublin. At that same site there is a map under the Find Us link that shows the Dart line's proximity to the castle. You could look for a site showing the Dart line in Dublin and plan your trip.

the hop on hop off, only does the city center. dalkey is too far south of dublin. the DART does go there, the station is about a 10/15 min walk away from the castle. the DART is cheap, few euro return, and they usually run about every 20 mins. if you're in port all day, you might fit in both. best advice is to get off the ship as soon as you dock, get to the DART station, Tara Street station is the closest to the port, fair distance walk, might be better to take a taxi, but in traffic in the morning, probably better to walk!! get a return to dalkey, go to the castle, and when you get back, you can get off the DART at Pierce Street station, as it is closer to trinity to where you get the bus tour. exit the station, turn left, walk up Westland Row, turn right, and you're right by trinity college where you can pick up the bus.

the DART takes about 35/40 mins each way, and a good 4/5 hours for the bus, if you want to stop at all the stops. most people don't, the best ones by far are the brewery and the goal.

Archived