Kennedy Space Center Guided Tour

ihopfar

Can anyone tell be about the Kennedy Space Center Guided Tour through RCCL?

Port Canaveral is a port on our next cruise and I am wondering how this tour differs from the ones offered on the KSC website (if it does at all.)

It mentions VIP tour, but not sure if that is just marketing or RCCL has a contract for a different tour.

Thanks!

Brad

Can anyone tell be about the Kennedy Space Center Guided Tour through RCCL?

Port Canaveral is a port on our next cruise and I am wondering how this tour differs from the ones offered on the KSC website (if it does at all.)

It mentions VIP tour, but not sure if that is just marketing or RCCL has a contract for a different tour.

Thanks!

Brad

When we took the Royal tour a few years ago, the tour bus driver told us we were going to places that the normal tour missed. I don't remember details, and I have no way to confirm what the driver said, but that was his story.

Thanks Bob,

If you wouldn't mind, could you please tell me a little more about this tour?

Was the bus from the port the same one for the tour, or did you transfer to a KSC bus once you arrived at the visitor center?

I believe the bus tour is not a couple hours all on the bus, but getting off at certain sites to take pictures, etc. and then getting back on to go to the next stop?. Is this accurate?

Did they give you time for the visitor center and all its exhibits/movies/etc before the tour or after (or both)?

Thanks!

Brad

The bus we took from the port to KSC was different than the KSC tour bus. As I recall, we were not permitted to leave the KSC tour bus. It did stop so we could take photos of the Vehicle Assembly Building and the Apollo Launch Complex, but we were at a distance from those places. We had time at the Visitor Center, maybe a couple of hours, and it was after the bus tour.

The bus we took from the port to KSC was different than the KSC tour bus. As I recall, we were not permitted to leave the KSC tour bus. It did stop so we could take photos of the Vehicle Assembly Building and the Apollo Launch Complex, but we were at a distance from those places. We had time at the Visitor Center, maybe a couple of hours, and it was after the bus tour.

Not permitted to leave the KSC tour bus to get another bus (which I understand) or not permitted to leave the bus to take pictures, stretch your legs, etc.? I hope you are saying you could at least get out to take pictures --- I hate trying to take pictures through windows! And a couple of hours on a bus without stretching your legs can be a long time!

As always, Bob, you are a wealth of information!

Thanks,

Brad