Post Cruise-Auckland

floralscent

Our flight doesn't leave Auckland post-cruise until 7:30PM. We are looking for something to do in Auckland so we don't have to spend the day sitting at the airport and since we have never been to Auckland before we would love to see some of it. Since we will have 3 pieces of luggage with us we thought we would just reserve an excursion with Celebrity for ease. The issue I have is either nothing seems to catch our eye or even if we were to settle for something it seems that everything is over priced (typical, I know).

Does anyone have any suggestions for something to do post cruise, pre-flight (7:30 pm flight)? Also, what do we do with our luggage? I prefer something simple such as find an excursion that will take us and our luggage and then take us to the airport but I want it to be worth while.

Celebrity offers an Auckland City and Harbour Highlights tour with airport drop off. This tour includes time at the Kelly Tarlton's Sea Life Aquarium and a quick stop at boutiques, cafes and shops. The tour is 4.75 hours and seems costly at $163. The tour leaves at 7:45 AM. Anyone taken this tour? Is it worthwhile?

Any other suggestions that are hassle-free with transportation to AKL?

Thanks so much!

Our flight doesn't leave Auckland post-cruise until 7:30PM. We are looking for something to do in Auckland so we don't have to spend the day sitting at the airport and since we have never been to Auckland before we would love to see some of it. Since we will have 3 pieces of luggage with us we thought we would just reserve an excursion with Celebrity for ease. The issue I have is either nothing seems to catch our eye or even if we were to settle for something it seems that everything is over priced (typical, I know).

Does anyone have any suggestions for something to do post cruise, pre-flight (7:30 pm flight)? Also, what do we do with our luggage? I prefer something simple such as find an excursion that will take us and our luggage and then take us to the airport but I want it to be worth while.

Celebrity offers an Auckland City and Harbour Highlights tour with airport drop off. This tour includes time at the Kelly Tarlton's Sea Life Aquarium and a quick stop at boutiques, cafes and shops. The tour is 4.75 hours and seems costly at $163. The tour leaves at 7:45 AM. Anyone taken this tour? Is it worthwhile?

Any other suggestions that are hassle-free with transportation to AKL?

Thanks so much!

You can try Jim Archer Tours (archertours.com) for city sightseeing with airport drop-off.

Pickup shipside at 10am and drop-off at airport at 4pm.

NZ$125 per person, paid on the day by credit card.