Copenhagen taxi

I have seen this topic before, but I'm hoping for some very recent information about whether a taxi will take a US credit card that is the regular magnetic strip card. I'm debating whether I need to get cash from the ATM at the airport for the taxi to the hotel.

We have never had an issue using plain US credit card in Copenhagen taxi. But we always asked first (before getting into the cab) if the driver accepted it.

Last summer, We got some kroner because we needed a very early taxi. We asked at the hotel to determine how many to get but it turns out that there is an extra surcharge- can't remember if it was for the weekend or the odd hour. When I saw that the meter was getting close to the amount of kroner we had (and I didn't see an airport yet), I told the driver the situation and how many kroner I had. He very kindly turned off the meter!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

We have never had an issue using plain US credit card in Copenhagen taxi. But we always asked first (before getting into the cab) if the driver accepted it.

So you specifically ask if the driver will take a US credit card? Or more specifically, a magnetic strip credit card?

I know I read a post somewhere about travelers being picked up at the airport and driven to their hotel, only to find out the taxi driver could not take their credit card, so they had to go into the hotel, the hotel paid the taxi, and the charge was applied to their hotel bill.