Need help from Tampa Native

long_shot45

We are arriving Tampa on Holland America at 7 am on Sunday 10/18/2009 and are leaving at 7 am on Monday 10/19/2009. We have never been to Tampa. What would be the best area to stay and what are some of the things to do on Sunday in Tampa?

Thanks

Mike

I'll assume that your leaving via Cruise? Ybor City area would be great area to stay in. However, something to do with Guavaween (Halloween festival) may be happening in that area. You can google Guavaween and see if there is a schedule somewhere. If not, Ybor has many historal things to see. It reminds me of Burbon St in New Orleans, just smaller.

There is also the Aquarium close to both the port and Ybor. Busch Gardens is always nice.

Hope this helps

If you don't want to rent a car, I would stay by the port. You can stay in Ybor City or at the Convention Center area. There is a Marriott, Embassy Suites, Hampton, Hilton Garden inn, and others to choose from. I would check in or leave the luggage if it's too early, then take the trolley to the Aquarium. It's a relaxing way to spend the morning/afternoon. You can then take the trolley to Ybor City. There is an open air market on the weekends, a movie theater, places to eat, etc. For dinner I would definitely go to the Columbia in Ybor City. It has great Spanish food and they should have the flamenco dancers on the stage in the evening. Then walk back to the trolley to go to your hotel.

Archived