Long House Hotel in Anchorage?

tigersandbears

Has anyone ever stayed at the Long House Hotel in Anchorage? We are 4 adults and will have a car, and the Long House Hotel is only about $160/night for 2 rooms using the Toursaver coupons. (The other Anchorage hotels with Toursaver coupons are coming up around $220/night.) Any comments on this hotel, and its breakfasts (or comparisons with the other Anchorage hotels listed in toursaver) would be appreciated!

The property itself is okay (a little rough around the edges), but it attracts the lower end of Alaska society (folks in from the villages for a few days), and can get pretty noisy. It is one of the cheapest places to stay, no doubt about that, though.

Murray

The property itself is okay (a little rough around the edges), but it attracts the lower end of Alaska society (folks in from the villages for a few days), and can get pretty noisy. It is one of the cheapest places to stay, no doubt about that, though.

Murray

I bought " Alaska for Dummies" , great book, very easy to use, lots of useful tips. Hotels in Alaska are very expensive and many are of lesser quality than on the mainland. You must pay a lot to get a great place. I checked out all the hotels in the toursaver book and the Trip Advisor internet site had poor reviews for all of them.

Do an internet search for B and B's in Anchorage or buy the book.

The Oscar Gill house and Susitna Place were highly recommended, but there are many others that are very nice. Your host will most likely be very helpful in the advice department. Some B and B's offer free bikes as well as breakfast.

Has anyone ever stayed at the Long House Hotel in Anchorage? We are 4 adults and will have a car, and the Long House Hotel is only about $160/night for 2 rooms using the Toursaver coupons. (The other Anchorage hotels with Toursaver coupons are coming up around $220/night.) Any comments on this hotel, and its breakfasts (or comparisons with the other Anchorage hotels listed in toursaver) would be appreciated!

ABSOLUTELY NO!!!! We stayed there one night after a late flight. Stayed because of the cheap price. I have a free certificate and will not use it to stay there again. Party all night, right outside our window. Asked twice to either move rooms or move the party. No other rooms (the hotel was fully booked) and we saw NO ONE even mention anything to all the people outside partying. BBQ grills and a whole lot of coolers. Needless to say, we got NO sleep. Finally decided to leave about 6:00AM. Breakfast was barebones at best-coffee and those horrible coffecakes/rolls that are individually packaged at the convenience store. We complained -got a certificate for a free room. AS I stated, I WILL NOT be using my free certificate. If you just need inexpensive, try Motel 6 http://www.motel6.com/AccorMaps/(udn3xq45efr3qzv01uzswi45)/M6ProximityResults.aspx?searchtype=AD

Super 8 http://www.super8.com/Super8/control/Booking/search_check;jsessionid=Esri2CDG3cLqCWylIFQbtdS02jlsioyjrDZ8G25Td3LeDNjBAH2D!-1361685681!7500286348

or any of the other budget hotel chains. Not as cheap as the lower 48 but OK for a night.

Archived