Dec 17th Car Rental - St. Kitts

cessnabmw

Hello,

We will be in St. Kitts for the day in Dec via Carnival freedom.

Please can anyone recommend a car rental for the day for a self-tour?

Also and tips, suggestions, etc on what do do, where to drive to and what to see would be appreciated.

Thanks!

There are several car rental agencies. Some are local such as Bullseye, and franchises of the bigger operators such as Thrifty, Avis & Hertz. Call to make a reservation because if you wait until you are there for your cruise stop they may not have a car available. Costs are the rental fee & local license fee plus local taxes & fees. You may want the optional insurance also. car rates are $40 & up, local license $24, fuel about $5 gal. It is a fun way to see the island, you can't get lost on an island for too long.

There are several car rental agencies. Some are local such as Bullseye, and franchises of the bigger operators such as Thrifty, Avis & Hertz. Call to make a reservation because if you wait until you are there for your cruise stop they may not have a car available. Costs are the rental fee & local license fee plus local taxes & fees. You may want the optional insurance also. car rates are $40 & up, local license $24, fuel about $5 gal. It is a fun way to see the island, you can't get lost on an island for too long.

Thank you! I did contact Bullseye yesterday and they have no vehicles left :(

My main concern is the location of the rental. Would prefer one at the port. When looking online it's hard to tell where the rental office would be.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk 4

Avis is the closest- easily walkable, then Thrifty in town on the west side of Independence Square. Avis is the farthest, away from the pier on the Bay Rd.

Awesome!! Thank you so much for your help!

Really appreciated.

Should I book with Avis or use an online option such as Orbitz or Priceline, etc?

After looking at Google earth, Thrifty is closer by about 100 yards. I have used both Thrifty and Avis over the years before going to Bullseye. I would try the online booking with the companies websites instead of Orbitz or Priceline. I have always done that. The local franchisee may not participate in those programs.

After looking at Google earth, Thrifty is closer by about 100 yards. I have used both Thrifty and Avis over the years before going to Bullseye. I would try the online booking with the companies websites instead of Orbitz or Priceline. I have always done that. The local franchisee may not participate in those programs.

You have been extremely helpful! Thanks!

Tried Avis.com and I get $60 for the car. I guess we will pay for the local license when we get there.

Tried Thrifty and it redirects to Dollar. Is that ok? Comes to $50 for the car.

The local license is available at the car rental agency. The car rental can be paid by credit card & the license is in cash (US dollars). As you leave the port area take a right on the Bay Road (that is the name of the street) and Avis is on your left.

The local license is available at the car rental agency. The car rental can be paid by credit card & the license is in cash (US dollars). As you leave the port area take a right on the Bay Road (that is the name of the street) and Avis is on your left.

Thanks again! When you rented from Thrifty, was it redirected to Dollar?

Thrifty is at the airport when I rented from them. I went to Thrifty's website this morning and it went Thrifty & I could find the locations in St Kitts & Nevis, Dollar did not show up.

Thanks! Just booked with Avis for now. $60. At least they are right at the pier.

Thanks for the info on driving/renting car...I tried to rent car for when we are there in January with Avis, and there website shows it is fully booked. I find it hard to believe it truly is booked. Do you think it really is or is it too early to tell? I know it's a stupid question...

It is possible that they may have no cars available to rent during your stop in St Kitts. It is an island and there is a finite number of car available. Several years ago we were trying to do an exchange rental in Nevis and there were no cars available because weather had delayed the arrival of vehicles. A large event may be going on which may cause the car rental agencies to have no cars available.