Please Help

cantwait4cruise

I am going to Progreso and Cozumel in January 2011. I am debating on renting a power chair or scooter for the cruise but I do have a manual wheelchair that folds up but my question is someone mentioned about the "tender" at port, for someone that has never been on a cruise I have no idea what they are talking about. so I am wondering is it going to be a problem for me to go into port at progreso or cozumel and which one would be better a manual wheelchair or power. Just FYI I can walk short distances and climb a few steps. Anyone please help

:confused:

I can help u out a little I think. A tender is when the ship cannot get into port & it is anchored out & everyone going to port has to take a small boat called a tender. U cannot take a power chair on a tender. U can take foldup wheelchair & u have to be able to get on & off. When we were in Cozumel we did not tender. I am not familair with the other port.

I am going to Progreso and Cozumel in January 2011. I am debating on renting a power chair or scooter for the cruise but I do have a manual wheelchair that folds up but my question is someone mentioned about the "tender" at port, for someone that has never been on a cruise I have no idea what they are talking about. so I am wondering is it going to be a problem for me to go into port at progreso or cozumel and which one would be better a manual wheelchair or power. Just FYI I can walk short distances and climb a few steps. Anyone please help

:confused:

Hubby and I are going to Cozumel and Progresso Dec. 11 2010. We've been before and both use chairs. This time he will need the scooter. Neither ports were tendered two years ago when we went and we stayed close to port. This time we plan on going into town. You can keep my email if you like and I'll answer questions when we get back. I'm willing to take on any adventure!! :) joseycorley@gmail.com

GAMMIEDOUX

In Cozumel in October we took the manual wheelchair into town and took a taxi to Nachi Cocum, an all inclusive that had a pool, clean bathrooms and a fabulous ocean view. It had a swimup bar and we rented for $7. a swim mat that doubled for a lounge cover. We ran into a little bumpy entry to the resort but the ramp to the pool and down to the restaurant was very good. It was a great day and we would do it again. I use a walker and my DD is in a wheelchair. My husband was able to walk down 3 steps and across 25 feet of beach to the ocean. The food was great and we were able to get a cab back to the ship a little early and had no problems. It is contacted thru Island Marketing.

Because of the number of ships in port, we had to unexpectedly tender and it was our first time doing so. It was a lot easier than we thought. They carried down the chair and we walked down a short stair way and we helped all the way. It was supprisingly easy.

Archived