question for Bequia - re: Lago Mar

sevigny

Dear Bequia,

I am a frequent lurker, and I would appreciate your advice very much. We are going to Ft. Lauderdale on December 31st, and staying for two days before we pick up our ship. I have reservations at the Lago Mar and the Pelican Beach and am torn between the two. We have a one bedroom executive suite at the Lago Mar, and a one bedroom oceanfront suite at the Pelican. I am worried about staying at the Lago Mar, because they do no guarantee any type of view, and I am not certain if there is any public transportation at all. I've heard there is a water taxi stop right behind Lago Mar. Can you confirm this? And most importantly, which one would you pick? I'd appreciate any help you could give me - you are always so helpful on these boards. Since price is really about even - I just need to decide right away! Thanks so much for your help!

For me, of the two, Lago Mar hands down. But's that's me .... I like the Lago Mar because it's secluded, away from all the other hotels, sit's alone beside some pricey residences. The water taxi is nowhere near the property nor is public transportation (ie, Sun Trolley). You would have to walk through a residential neighborhood to get to A1A where you can catch the trolley or continue walking behind the Hyatt Pier 66 for the water taxi. It's a hike, for me it's a breeze, I enjoy walking. Others may feel the walk is excessive. Cabs are always available.

Regarding the view from the room...it wouldn't be a deal breaker for me. Your going to be on a cruise ship for a week surrounded by water, truly the best views you can get. The property sits directly on the ocean. You can see the ocean from the pool, the hammocks, the restaurant and most public places on the property. The Lago Mar also affords close views of the cruise ships as they arrive and depart Port Everglades. There's nothing wrong with the Pelican Beach, it's a fine hotel if your in the new section...me, I prefer a secluded resort and the Lago Mar is nothing less then a fine resort. ;)

Archived