RCCL Anthem of the Seas

CruiserTB

I'm going on a weekend cruise on Anthem of the Seas on March 4 and was informed there will be a wedding in Two70 on Saturday. I'm going to try and peak in to see how they set it up. Since there's hardly any information out there about this ship and particularly weddings on this ship, I thought I'd use this opportunity. :D If anyone has anything they want me to scope out for them while I'm there just let me know.

I'm going on a weekend cruise on Anthem of the Seas on March 4 and was informed there will be a wedding in Two70 on Saturday. I'm going to try and peak in to see how they set it up. Since there's hardly any information out there about this ship and particularly weddings on this ship, I thought I'd use this opportunity. :D If anyone has anything they want me to scope out for them while I'm there just let me know.

Take pics if you can share! My fiance and I have decided on a cruise wedding, specifically the Anthem of the Seas. We are waiting for the 2017 Cruise schedule to be released.

Please and thank you!

Take pics if you can share! My fiance and I have decided on a cruise wedding, specifically the Anthem of the Seas. We are waiting for the 2017 Cruise schedule to be released.

Please and thank you!

Will do! I'm waiting for that release as well. Specifically July 2017. I check everyday. :D

Oddly, me too! Hmmmm maybe we will see eachother aboard! I misunderstood and thought you were going March of 2016.

I'm going on the 3 day weekend cruise March 4, 2016 but my wedding won't be until July 2017. So this gives me a chance to sort of preview Anthem and see if it's the way I want to go.:D

It sounds like they are going in March, but hoping to book a wedding in 2017....

Yup it's either Anthem or Summit so I'll know one way or another after this cruise. I know Celebrity's dates are already out.:D Family is pushing for Celebrity so we'll see...

Congratulations! Share experience if you are able too. Are you having your wedding on board the ship or at a destination?

In port. I was born and raised in bayonne and most of me & DH's family still live there so it will be easy for those not sailing to join us for the wedding. :D

In port. I was born and raised in bayonne and most of me & DH's family still live there so it will be easy for those not sailing to join us for the wedding. :D

That's awesome. We are very close to Baltimore and wouldn't mind the option of a port wedding, but I want the big and newer boat. So we will just have to drive up, only about a 3 hr vs having to fly guests in. I am accommodating guests by opting for the 5 night cruise so that less time from work or vacation time is used. Also I have taking in account school season etc. It amazes me how much push back I am receiving given how accommodating I have been.....Oh well I will not be deterred and am so excited. I wish there were more "real' life pictures and video's online.

That's awesome. We are very close to Baltimore and wouldn't mind the option of a port wedding, but I want the big and newer boat. So we will just have to drive up, only about a 3 hr vs having to fly guests in. I am accommodating guests by opting for the 5 night cruise so that less time from work or vacation time is used. Also I have taking in account school season etc. It amazes me how much push back I am receiving given how accommodating I have been.....Oh well I will not be deterred and am so excited. I wish there were more "real' life pictures and video's online.

Yeah even a 5 day on Anthem is going to cost a bit of money. I wish we had Florida's prices:D Try not to hold it against anyone if they can't make it. We're expecting a large group of close to 100 guests to sail with us but that's because we do a family & friends cruise every year and most of the people we're inviting are the same ones that would normally go with us. Even still if no one except for the VIPs (who we consulted, gave an estimate of prices too, and are equally excited about going) showed up I would be fine with that. Heck if it's just me, DH, and our kids that showed up I'd still be excited because hey I'm getting married and I'm cruising. :D And when we get back we go on our honeymoon. 2 vacations in 1!:D

Yeah even a 5 day on Anthem is going to cost a bit of money. I wish we had Florida's prices:D Try not to hold it against anyone if they can't make it. We're expecting a large group of close to 100 guests to sail with us but that's because we do a family & friends cruise every year and most of the people we're inviting are the same ones that would normally go with us. Even still if no one except for the VIPs (who we consulted, gave an estimate of prices too, and are equally excited about going) showed up I would be fine with that. Heck if it's just me, DH, and our kids that showed up I'd still be excited because hey I'm getting married and I'm cruising. :D And when we get back we go on our honeymoon. 2 vacations in 1!:D

I wish we had Florida's prices as well! I absolutely won't hold it against anyone who can't attend, but those making comments are my friends or family who travel out of the country at min 3 times a year! So my thought is just make my wedding week one of them! Weddingmoon!!! That is a large group, but the more the merrier I say. I have never been on a "real" cruise before so I am thinking about all the possibilities for fun! We have verbally invited 78 at this point and still have a few more. My travel agent is waiting on the dates so that we can hopefully receive some sort of group rate that is tangible for my guests. Once the booking is completed, I book my package and send out the save the dates and wedding site details.

Do you mind sharing what you are doing as far as your ceremony, are you doing a reception, DJ etc....I am toying with the idea of a full sit down reception but keep reading and want to know if it makes sense considering cruises are all about the food. I want to be private and different and yet fun! Thoughts or suggestions!

Yup it's either Anthem or Summit so I'll know one way or another after this cruise. I know Celebrity's dates are already out.:D Family is pushing for Celebrity so we'll see...

We are leaning toward RCL bc it offers the 5 night cruise.

I wish we had Florida's prices as well! I absolutely won't hold it against anyone who can't attend, but those making comments are my friends or family who travel out of the country at min 3 times a year! So my thought is just make my wedding week one of them! Weddingmoon!!! That is a large group, but the more the merrier I say. I have never been on a "real" cruise before so I am thinking about all the possibilities for fun! We have verbally invited 78 at this point and still have a few more. My travel agent is waiting on the dates so that we can hopefully receive some sort of group rate that is tangible for my guests. Once the booking is completed, I book my package and send out the save the dates and wedding site details.

Do you mind sharing what you are doing as far as your ceremony, are you doing a reception, DJ etc....I am toying with the idea of a full sit down reception but keep reading and want to know if it makes sense considering cruises are all about the food. I want to be private and different and yet fun! Thoughts or suggestions!

I'm doing a full reception with DJ and buying out a specialty restaurant, most likely Chops if we go with Royal. It's a little pricey but nowhere near what I would spend if I had a regular land wedding. :D Me and FH are going to eat at this restaurant when we do the weekend cruise so we'll know for sure if it's the one we want.

We opted for the Summit for two reasons - cost and because it's a 7 day cruise instead of a 5 day. The summit was actually pricing out better for us - probably because it's an older ship. I've been on the summit before and I love the ship, so I'm pretty happy with my choice.

We're getting married in port the day we leave so I can have non saililng guests join. It's coming up quick! We are almost at the 2 month mark. :)

We opted for the Summit for two reasons - cost and because it's a 7 day cruise instead of a 5 day. The summit was actually pricing out better for us - probably because it's an older ship. I've been on the summit before and I love the ship, so I'm pretty happy with my choice.

We're getting married in port the day we leave so I can have non saililng guests join. It's coming up quick! We are almost at the 2 month mark. :)

Yes I think Summit's 7 day is going to be less expensive than the Anthem 5 day for us as well. At least that's based on old data. The reason we're leaning toward the 5 day is because we wanted our guests to take the least amount of days off. But we're still on the fence, both options have their plus and minuses.:D

Yes I think Summit's 7 day is going to be less expensive than the Anthem 5 day for us as well. At least that's based on old data. The reason we're leaning toward the 5 day is because we wanted our guests to take the least amount of days off. But we're still on the fence, both options have their plus and minuses.:D

Well, if you think about it, it's only one more day off of work for 2 more full days of cruising. For us it's a no brainer. ;)

I've got 56 guests sailing with us. If you give people enough time to plan, and you catch the sales right, you'll be amazed as to what can happen. :D

Well, if you think about it, it's only one more day off of work for 2 more full days of cruising. For us it's a no brainer. ;)

I've got 56 guests sailing with us. If you give people enough time to plan, and you catch the sales right, you'll be amazed as to what can happen. :D

You make a good point Mona ;) I expect by the end of this weekend I'll know which way we want to go. Well as long as the Anthem cruise this weekend still goes on. There's some concern regarding the weather so they may cancel it. :rolleyes:

You make a good point Mona ;) I expect by the end of this weekend I'll know which way we want to go. Well as long as the Anthem cruise this weekend still goes on. There's some concern regarding the weather so they may cancel it. :rolleyes:

Oh, sheesh.....

So far they aren't communicating to us on the March 4th sailing. :( Hoping no news is good news.

I was married on the Oasis, if anyone has questions for RCCL weddings in general :-) I'll be attending Mona's on the Summit in May :-)

I'm doing a full reception with DJ and buying out a specialty restaurant, most likely Chops if we go with Royal. It's a little pricey but nowhere near what I would spend if I had a regular land wedding. :D Me and FH are going to eat at this restaurant when we do the weekend cruise so we'll know for sure if it's the one we want.

I was considering doing the same thing! I was looking at the al a carte options for the reception, and thought it would technically be a similar in costs. We want an open bar as well. The preference is for a ceremony the 2nd day of sailing. Sorry if I missed it but, how many are you planning for? We are looking at about 60 to sail with us and attend the ceremony and reception.

Exciting, please share pics and experience once you return.

So far they aren't communicating to us on the March 4th sailing. :( Hoping no news is good news.

I was married on the Oasis, if anyone has questions for RCCL weddings in general :-) I'll be attending Mona's on the Summit in May :-)

Tell me everything you can/will!!! I am super excited and again just waiting on the dates to be released, which I hope is this week. I have never been on a cruise before but we thought it would be a good non-traditional way to have fun with our friends and family in attendance for our wedding. Do you have pics? Did you host a reception?

where did you see that info about it possibly cancelling? I have a friend on the sailing and she has heard nothing.

Sorry if I worried your friend needlessly. It's on the Roll call thread for this weekend's cruise. They're speculating due to the storm and the waves at the sea and someone is looking at the weather models. I'm proceeding as if nothing's changed and we're going to cruise as normal. :D