Jaguar Truck Mayan Adventure Excursion - Costa maya

scarlet-amelia

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone ever been on this excursion? It's a tandem bike ride, with a stop at a cenote.... then on to the beach. I did a search and only saw 1 post about it.... Love to get some feedback before I book...

Me too. I've taken the one on Cozumel last year with the tandem bike/beach trip but ame wondering about the one on Costa Maya. We'll be there in April

• 1 month later...

Well, no one ever answered but we went ahead and booked it. We'll be on Independence of the Seas and will be on Costa Maya on April 10 taking this excursion so I'll post our findings when we get back from our trip!

Have a great time. I looked up the website, assuming you booked via Island Marketing, Haven't done this excursion but have ridden down the beach south of Mahahual's malecon. There are a couple of nice spots and small hotels along the way. The site mentions stopping at Nohoch Kay on the way back, so if your do say hello to Betty and ask to try their "hooch"/ moonshine.

TA reviews seem to be jumbled in with reviews of other atv adventure excursions so hard to pick out which is which. I also thought, but could be wrong, that the cenotes along the shore line were in Riveria Maya to the north of the port and closer to the Sian Kaan nature preserve and well as inland around Bacalar Hadn't thought there were cenotes along the southern shore toward Xcalak..

No, actually we booked thru Royal Caribbean. The one time I booked a private excursion ended in disaster. We used a highly recommended guy and when we showed up at the port to meet him, he and the group were long gone. Apparently the time he told me via email to meet them was incorrect and they'd left a couple hours earlier. He apologized profusely via email later and offered me a free excursion next time we go to that island, but we've never been back to that island. So I stick to the cruise line offered excursions...