Australia Visitors Today, Getting Updated??!!

TLCOhio

AUSTRALIA VISITORS TODAY??: Have a small-group luncheon today with a visiting group of young political leaders from Australia touring our State Capitol in Ohio, etc. Always enjoy being and interacting with those fun, interesting people from this country that we loved so much from our early 2014 visit there. It will be great to catch up about the latest in developments for Australia and that part of the world.

Will try to share more as to what I learn that is "new" down under, how they like things from their visiting in the United States, etc. Always stimulating to be learning more about the history and people from other areas, getting ideas for future travels, etc.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

From our Jan. 25-Feb. 20, 2015, Amazon River-Caribbean combo sailing over 26 days that started in Barbados, here is the link below to that live/blog. Lots of great visuals from this amazing Brazil river and these various Caribbean Islands (Dutch ABC's, St. Barts, Dominica, Grenada, etc.) that we experienced. Check it out at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2157696

Now at 47,940 views for these postings.

As had been posted, I was a part of a small group luncheon yesterday with a visiting group of young political leaders from Australia. Below are a couple of my pictures. Fun and interesting!! Always is great in that way when fortunate enough to spend time with Aussies!!

These young leaders are mostly staff for top Parliament and other government-related officials in Australia. We discussed much as to the differences as how their system where the legislative and executive "branches" are merged together compared to our American system with three equal branches. Learned why "back-benchers" are called that way. Much was discussed on their visiting earlier this week in Washington, DC, their impressions and meetings there, the economy in Australia, the representation of Aboriginal Australians in their government, how highly those in China view products from Australia and New Zealand, etc. Next, they are going to the Cleveland area today and then on to Oregon and then San Francisco before returning back home. They gave us some souvenirs from Australia. I got a key chain, which maybe surprisingly, was "Made in China"!!

Most significantly yesterday, we learned from one member of their group that Australia has had five different Prime Ministers during the past five years. This includes both major parties there dumping their top leader during the middle of the leadership periods. Lots of tensions in governments these days in many countries around the world.

It is always enlightening to learn from those in other countries, their cultures, histories, etc.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Enjoyed a 14-day, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and many pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 171,130 views for this posting.

Here are a couple of my pictures from our small-group luncheon yesterday with these young political leaders from Australia. First is part of our table having discussions at lunch. Second is a group picture that I took with the visitors in one of the historic rooms at the private Columbus Club that in the 1800's had been the Governor's residence in Ohio. In the center is the current Ohio Supreme Court Chief Justice (grey hair) and also a previous Justice on our top state court (wearing red). Interesting group and sharing of information on Australia, politics, government, economics, etc.:

DecTravel2016A%20024_zpsb43gmov3.jpg

DecTravel2016A%20023_zpsa0ooneym.jpg