Shuttle between Tampa & Universal Studios?

RizzoLee

DH and I will be in Tampa for 2 nights pre-cruise in January. We were debating about renting a car for the weekend and driving to Universal Studios to do Islands of Adventure and for a special dinner at Emeril's on the City Walk on the Saturday. This would be a bit of a pain though if we were to rent it from the airport - having to drop it off on the Sunday and then take a taxi to the port.

Does anyone know if there's a shuttle service that will take us from the Tampa area to Universal so we can save the car rental? Our hotel provides a shuttle from the airport already and we'd take a cab from the hotel to the port.

TIA!

I'm not aware of any shuttles running from Tampa to Universal (or even Orlando). Oddly, there IS one that runs the other way, from the Orlando park area to Busch Gardens.

I'd imagine you could contact one of the shuttle/limo type services & charter one, but it would surely be expensive.

If you're set on getting to Universal, renting a car is probably your best bet. The return shouldn't be too bad, it isn't all that far from the airport (or car rental return areas) to the cruise port.

Archived