"Upgraded" to Cabin 11188 Pacific Dawn W434

Peal

I booked though a TA, and I was unaware they ticked the "Auto Upgrade". Just checked in on Cruise Control and found they had "upgraded" me to Cabin 11188 from a midships cabin 10230. Both the TA and P&O tell me there is nothing they can do but put me on a wait list as all BC and BB cabins are booked. I'm not expecting any cabin change at this late stage. I'm fairly annoyed as I was aware of the dangers of the auto upgrade option.

I've searched these threads and there have been complaints in the past about noise from the 12th floor. Cabin 11188 is on the opposite side to the Plantation Restaurant, but I can't workout what is above this cabin. Anyone have feedback on any issues with cabins near 11188?

I booked though a TA, and I was unaware they ticked the "Auto Upgrade". Just checked in on Cruise Control and found they had "upgraded" me to Cabin 11188 from a midships cabin 10230. Both the TA and P&O tell me there is nothing they can do but put me on a wait list as all BC and BB cabins are booked. I'm not expecting any cabin change at this late stage. I'm fairly annoyed as I was aware of the dangers of the auto upgrade option.

I've searched these threads and there have been complaints in the past about noise from the 12th floor. Cabin 11188 is on the opposite side to the Plantation Restaurant, but I can't workout what is above this cabin. Anyone have feedback on any issues with cabins near 11188?

we havent stayed there but going by the deck plan you are below the buffet, one good thing they close early of a night but they open early in the morning so you could get some noise from the kitchen, some one who has stayed there could answer it better than me

with the default system everyone will be up for an upgrade unless you tell your TA no upgrade

• 4 weeks later...

Just an update after our trip. You can hear a little bit of noise from the deck above. Just sounded like heavy footsteps - maybe staff carrying stuff for the morning setup for self serve cafe. However never bothered us as it as it was barely audible above the background noise (air conditioning).

Cabin 11188 is in a good location - walk aft to the hot tubs/bar/sun lounges, and walk upstairs to the self serve cafe, down to 7th floor for the Waterfront restaurant.