RCL Dune Buggy,snorkel and shopping

Smilie

Has anyone done the RCCL Dune Buggy Snorkel and Beach Break? I was looking at excursions for my upcoming Royal Caribbean Liberty of the Seas cruise, but it does not show any reviews. Also, is there much shopping in walking distance from the port?

• 3 weeks later...

I just booked this for our RCCI January cruise and would love more information. It looks like there are two options offered in Cozumel, one is $53 and the other is $95. They are both 4.5 hours but one offers lunch. Can't seem to differentiate between them except for the lunch and price.

• 4 months later...

Yes, we did it. If I remember the details lol....I think there was far too much time waiting and "herding". We met on the pier at the assigned time but then waited for more than 30 minutes (maybe 60 minute not sure) for everyone to be signed in. We then walked to where the buggies were kept and more waiting....I know it was more than an hour before we actually started our excursion. Buggies were fun! Ours wouldn't start and it took them a bit to get it going but once it did, it never failed us. We rode to a "commercial" snorkeling spot where once again we waited and herded. Took another 30-45 minutes to get everyone into their snorkel gear and to the water for a short snorkel. We left shortly after the snorkel and headed to a restaurant and locals goods' market where the expectation was that you would purchase their lunch buffet and shop around at the two or three vendors. We ordered a couple of frozen drinks and headed across the street to a beautiful beach. Unfortunately, they frowned on swimming because it was a bit rough but we did enjoy our drinks on the beach. We were given a time to reconvene and promptly left the beach to meet the group (others went to the beach as well). This is where the waiting became troublesome. I'm all about "island time" but I'm not all about waiting another hour for others to finish their drinks in the restaurant and then another 30 minute spile which really boiled down to "tips" for our tour guides. We did have fun and we did have a good couple of drinks and decent snorkeling, the buggies were a blast. I doubt I would do it again based on time wasted though.

Yes, we did it. If I remember the details lol....I think there was far too much time waiting and "herding". We met on the pier at the assigned time but then waited for more than 30 minutes (maybe 60 minute not sure) for everyone to be signed in. We then walked to where the buggies were kept and more waiting....I know it was more than an hour before we actually started our excursion. Buggies were fun! Ours wouldn't start and it took them a bit to get it going but once it did, it never failed us. We rode to a "commercial" snorkeling spot where once again we waited and herded. Took another 30-45 minutes to get everyone into their snorkel gear and to the water for a short snorkel. We left shortly after the snorkel and headed to a restaurant and locals goods' market where the expectation was that you would purchase their lunch buffet and shop around at the two or three vendors. We ordered a couple of frozen drinks and headed across the street to a beautiful beach. Unfortunately, they frowned on swimming because it was a bit rough but we did enjoy our drinks on the beach. We were given a time to reconvene and promptly left the beach to meet the group (others went to the beach as well). This is where the waiting became troublesome. I'm all about "island time" but I'm not all about waiting another hour for others to finish their drinks in the restaurant and then another 30 minute spile which really boiled down to "tips" for our tour guides. We did have fun and we did have a good couple of drinks and decent snorkeling, the buggies were a blast. I doubt I would do it again based on time wasted though.

Thanks so much for the feedback. Do you remember how many was in the group altogether? Was it a huge group like I've seen on a lot of other ship-sponsored excursions?