Just got back to UK from EOS Nov 28 - Eastern route

Ms Jo UK

Hi Everyone

Well I just made it home from our post cruise stay in Miami. Its 3.15 am UK time, I am obviously suffering jet lag and just thought I would give some quick observations on questions I have seen recently before doing a full review. I loved my cruise and don't really sweat the small stuff.

US Immigration at Miami - only 20 people in our line but took 1 hour to get through.

Pre-Cruise Hotel - Miami Airport Hilton seemed OK - a little aircraft noise as the room was overlooking the runway but after 10 hour UK flight it is easy to sleep so no problem.

Embarkation - got to the pier at 11:45 and was boarded within 20 mins everything smooth and no problems.

The Ship - beautiful, well maintained.

Cabin - 9390 balcony cabin on the stern of the ship, chosen for the novelty of the very large round window and full glass door rather than sliders. Balcony took 2 loungers, 2 chairs and small table but was a tight fit for all that furniture, but it did have privacy and larger degree view. Cabin is showing wear, carpet and upholstery has some staining but nothing major and lots of little burns from ciggarettes. This did not ruin my cruise.

Food - I enjoyed everything I ate, and found the quality to be very good. Dining room every night, 4 breakfasts, 2 lunches. Windjammer too crowded to be classed as nice dining experience so only 1 lunch, 2 breakfasts. Room service used for Coffee and juice as a wake up call and 1 breakfast, everything perfectly OK.

Christmas Decorations - were being put up all during the week, poinesettas everywhere very pretty, tree up in the dining room for our last night, beautiful.

Service - excellent from every member of staff we encountered.

Entertainment - Cruise Director, great she seemed to enjoy her job, both production shows worth watching, ice-skating show amazing, Beatle Mania (tribute band) fantastic, Coasters very good, Comedians and other acts well worth seeing, only show we missed was farewell as we were packing but caught it later on TV.

Ports of Call - enjoyed everyone of them, slight downer was in Puerto Rico we took El Yunque and due to traffic the 40 min drive took 2 hours but the forest was beautiful. Due to medical emergency captain did the trip from St John to Nassau at a very fast speed ( a broken leg, not a broken neck rumoured on the ship) we got a full day in Nassau 8 am - 6pm instead of 12-6 which was a nice suprise and we made the most of it.

St Croix - we did not stop at St Croix for fuel.

I will try and do a full review over the weekend - any questions please just ask and I will try to answer them.

Happy Cruising

From a very content and happy Jo

Archived