Carnival Vista Preminum Internet

Rallytime1975

Just curious if anyone has purchased the internet on Vista, and if you got the premium level, how was it?

The past cruise with X, it was terrible, and I couldn't even download emails.

I have to work a bit while I am on sea, and just hoping that the internet is much better on this new ship

Just curious if anyone has purchased the internet on Vista, and if you got the premium level, how was it?

The past cruise with X, it was terrible, and I couldn't even download emails.

I have to work a bit while I am on sea, and just hoping that the internet is much better on this new ship

I had value on the Freedom, and it worked fine. Never too fast though. Seemed to work better in my cabin than on the top deck. I managed to get a few VOIP calls out while in my room. Vista is newer so I'd imagine it's better

We had the Premium Internet Package when we were on the Vista TA in October 2016. It did pretty well for the most part, given where we were some of the time. There were dead periods, but that was expected given our location. We've ordered the premium package again for our B2B on the Vista in November 2017. We had no problems doing any of the tasks that needed to get done online. Please check the package information before you order it, there are some restrictions as such as not being able to do "Facetime" videos from your phones or IPads. Enjoy! ;)

I bought the premium internet package on the Fantasy in June 2017. I could only get a connection in the Lido buffet area, not in our suite. Also for some unknown reason it deemed my e-mail service (AT&T Yahoo) was taboo and would not allow me to access it. After two days I visited customer service and got a refund for the unused days.

Truth is Carnival's internet is far behind the curve and its competitors. I am an avid CCL fan but man Internet and Cell programs stink in price and performance. IMHO

So, were you on the Vista and experienced this or is this just a general CCL observation on your part? You are correct, some of the older Carnival ships have less than stellar internet. Quite possibly from older technology used on them. The Vista was the first one on all of our cruises that provided us with the best coverage.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums