Bite the bullet and bought air today!

sunlover5

Been watching and waiting for airlines to have decent prices for March. Found a one way from Ohio to FLL for 170.00 Nonstop and the perfect time. We are flying in a day ahead. Waiting for Skybus to open their prices but if they have mechanical failure or a problem, they co partner with no one. Now we are waiting for them to open for flight home. We don't mind if something happens on the way home!!!:p Hopefully we will get in on their cheap flights from 10.00-50.00 and it would be a cheap flight total!! Using free miles for 170.00 flight so not bad. Just happy it is nonstop (less worry about luggage) and we arrive at 12:40 in the afternoon to enjoy FLL!!! Been watching prices for months and they are 350.00 and above. Bad part about flying and vacationing in March!!!

May I ask which airport or airlines. I'm guessing Columbus. That seems like a good price. I know that I couldn't find anything close to that out of Cincy. We will be traveling to Ind for our flight to FLL in March...$256 rdtrp, nonstop on NWA. I'm really worried that NWA will still be screwed up with their pilot troubles.

Hoping for the best!

Yes, it is out of Columbus. We are fortunate we can fly out of Cleveland, Columbus, Akron. All are about 1 an a half hours except Cleveland only takes us 1 hr. 10 mins. I have been watching fares forever. Really hoping to catch the skybus home but I just didn't trust it going down. My DD is flying it in Feb. Many we have talked to said it was great, only one person told us when their plane had trouble they canceled the flights for the day. She had to go to another airline on her own and find flights. Not up to that before a cruise!!:eek:

Wow, you drive all the way to Indiana for flights? Or isn't it a long drive for you. You got a great price!! Prices are terrible to Florida. Especially that time of year. We will be on the Liberty. I see you will be on the Miracle. Heard great things about that ship! Good Luck and I am sure you will be fine with your flight.

Indy is only about 1.5 hrs from the house. We live about 10 min. from Cincy.

I found airfare for my SIL from Columbus to Baltimore, Thanksgiving weekend, on Southwest for $138 rdtrp, non-stop. Did you try them?

I am really interested in Skybus too. We actually thought about going out of Columbus with them, but we were afraid of mechanical problems.

Have a great day!

Yes, I am waiting for Southwest to open up dates in March. They said it would be today!! My DD did buy her tickets yesterday on Skybus. She got oneway for 30.00 and going home for 10.00. It is her and her 2 yr. old son so total for both roundtrip tickets was 112.00. Times coming are not that great, but for that $$ you can't be picky!! At least it is a nonstop flight for her.

Next Oct. we are doing a repo cruise so will be looking for air to Baltimore and coming home from Tampa. Oh the stress of vacations!!!:D

I'll let you know how skybus is. My DD and SIL will move in OCt. and I might fly to help them move if I can get a cheap flight!!!!

Yes, no food or drinks, not sure about our grandson's milk. He needs soy, so I suppose they will let him bring that. Each person is allowed 2 bags a piece under 50 lbs. for 5.00 each bag. After 2 bags it is 50.00 per bag.

She usually only has 2 bags for both of them so be an extra 10.00..not bad at all.

Archived