Visited Tropicante last week...

FloridaMomma

We had a great time! Steve was out there greeting his guests all morning and making sure we were taken care of by his staff. We got there early and had chairs right on the water. I did request loungers via e-mail back in October. There are some pics in my review (link in my signature). If we are ever in Costa Maya again, we'll definitely go back to Tropicante.

We were there last week also. The vendors are determined but Steve and his staff said to just say, "No, thank you" and they will go on. If you show any interest or buy something, Steve said they will not leave you alone. We stuck to "No, thank you," and didn't have any problems.

We were with a group of eight and all ordered different items. Every thing was great. We had chicken nachos, enchiladas, quesadillas, shrimp, chicken buritto, and the iguana eggs. The servings were big. Our favorites were probably the iguana eggs and burritos but, as I said, everything was very good!

Thanks for the review and photos. We're looking forward to our time there in May. Anything really good to eat you can recommend?

We ordered a bunch of snack-type foods. I had chips and guac. I honestly can't remember how good it was because I ordered that at every port! The funny thing is - I know I didn't like any of it as much as I like the guac from Chili's. Totally American, right?

Thanks also, we will be there in November. How bad were the vendors ?

There were a LOT of vendors! I ended up actually buying a couple of things, though. My kids had to get one of those wrap bracelets with their names on them whenever they saw them. I also bought a windchime for our porch that I thought would be a neat reminder of our trip. The woman tried to sell it to me for $25. I ended up getting it for $10.

We saw the same 4 or 5 vendors walking the beach all the time we were there on the biggest ship day, just a "no, gracias" and they continued on. Actually a few ppl bought bags and cigars which made their day.

Agree it's a great spot to relax with a cold drink and great food.