Victor Bodden or Gumbalimba?

JustStartin

My wife and I booked a tour through Victor last summer at the suggestion of my in-laws, who booked with Victor when they were on the island. We had a TERRIFIC time in Roatan because of the efficiency, professionalism, and kindness of the ENTIRE Victor Bodden staff.

We stepped off the ship and immediately went to the Bodden Tours "home base" located right off the pier. We were on the list of the day's tours because I had emailed previously and booked beforehand. Ali, our tour guide, was exceptional. He is an island native and had extensive social and cultural history to chat about as we toured the island. We did the Jungle Canopy Zipline Tour first in order to avoid the lines. When I emailed to book the tour, I told Victor we wanted to definitely do the zipline tour, and when we arrived to the zipline tour site our names were on the board for the day's guests, and they were expecting us. After this, we left the details up to Ali, and simply told him the kinds of activities that interested us. We snorkeled and had a great lunch on Half Moon Bay, drove out to "The View" to check out the scenery (stunning), went to Victor's house and saw the animals, drove on the beach (to say we did!), visited the Cameo Factory, and overall had a very wonderful and memorable experience.

Even just driving around the island was a great experience, and Ali was happy to answer all my questions I had about the island's history and current events. Don't worry about planning everything ahead of time, just have an idea of what you want to do that day, and if you want to do the zipline, I suggest doing that first to avoid the crowds. Your guide will let you know what activities are available and where they are located so that you can maximize your time on the island.

Whatever you do, enjoy Roatan!

Archived