Nassau: People to People Experience. Have you tried it?

abrow098

I hope someone answers your question!! I have seen so few posts about this program. I signed up for this program for my April cruise. I hope to hear from them soon. I signed up for this program 2 years ago(on my first trip to Nassau) and never heard from them. I may have signed up too close to my cruise.

From what I have read, it seems like a wonderful program and would be a wonderful cultural exchange for my family, since most of us have been to Nassau before.

I asked this question a month or so ago and never got a response. The reviews on Trip Advisor are good. Thought about trying it but decided on a personal taxi/tour for a few hours that is recommended here on CC.

Hey CruzieSue, which personal taxi/tour are you referring to? I am looking for something like that...

Thanks.

EmpressofPurple just returned recently from her MoS cruise and did the People to People exchange. Pictures and her experience are in her trip report starting with post #18....

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2167924

Thank you for posting information about this thread. It is good to see someone on cruise critic enjoying this program that gets glowing reviews.

• 4 weeks later...

I just got an e-mail from People to people for my April cruise to the Bahamas. My ambassador has set up our meet time and place already.I plan on e-mailing my ambassador and calling her before I leave in 11 days. I look forward to this experience for my family.

• 9 months later...

Did it a few years ago. It was great. May be some challenges organizing. Depends on how many volunteers and availability, and they are working on "island time" :). Here is a thread on it with reviews and information. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1851069

(An aside ... We have done this type of program in London and Paris as well. Always a wonderful experience.)

Edited by movingimages