Snorkeling and motorized water toys?

Tybro

I'm cruising next week to Calica with three 20 year olds. I want to go snorkeling on a nice reef and would like to find a beach where we can hang out and maybe ride a waverunner or some other water rides. Maybe an all inclusive that has one day passes. Anyone have any suggestions or been on the Carnival beach excursion who can tell me a good place to go?

I'm cruising next week to Calica with three 20 year olds. I want to go snorkeling on a nice reef and would like to find a beach where we can hang out and maybe ride a waverunner or some other water rides. Maybe an all inclusive that has one day passes. Anyone have any suggestions or been on the Carnival beach excursion who can tell me a good place to go?

I have been on 2 Carnival Excursions in Calica. Did the Caverns by Jeep and Beach Excursion. It was nice. They took us to a Beach called "La Playa" Food was very good it was a Buffet. No swimingpool tho and we had to pay extra for a lounge chair. Didn't see any Waverunners there. That was 2 years ago. Last year did the Horseback Riding and Beach. It was a private Beach but no Water rides there either. The place was very nice but they had alot of Rocks going into the water. You had to walk over them first to get into the Sand Part. So you can mark those too excursions of the List since there are no Waverunners there. Maybe you can find something out about Grand Coco Bay that is an all inkl. Resort. You can check the Island Marketing website and see if you can find anything there.

• 4 weeks later...

Just came back from our first visit to Calica/Playa del Carmen. Did the cave snorkeling excursion. Was pretty good. 30 min bus ride to caves. Walk through a few then jump into large underwater lake and swim around. Water is COLD. Was fun and not at all claustrophobic as I had feared. Had lockers for stuff and decent changing room. Excursion bus then dropped us off at PDC for shopping. AWESOME. Wish I had more time there. Beach is beautiful. Shopping/eating section of town is beautiful. Waverunners for rent right on the beach. Saw people being pulled on water toys. All available right on the beach. If you just want to shop and/or hang at a gorgeous beach, no need for an excursion. Just take a taxi to PDC. $25 for 5 ppl. Learned from locals that there is no good snorkeling in Calica area. Beaches are smooth sugar sand which means nothing to see but sand. Good snorkeling is at Cozumel so you have to take a ferry over there.

Archived