Wi fi or pay phones at Venice airport

Motorcycle Gma

Is there Wi-Fi or pay phones to contact my hotel/tour operators, if needed? I've heard there are pay phones in Italy, but not sure. How much, what euros (coins?) do I need to make local call?

Thanks!

There are some pay phones left in Italy, although not as many as there used to be. When you do find one, they don't take coins, you have to use a phone card, sold at Tabbachi shops.

Wi-fi, on the other hand is getting easier to find. Sometimes airports will offer it for free, but not always. I'm sorry that I don't know what the wi-fi situation is at Venice airport.

The safest plan for contacting your hotel, tour guides, etc. is a mobile phone compatible with GSM. PAYG SIM cards are usually cheap and easy to find.

There are some pay phones left in Italy, although not as many as there used to be. When you do find one, they don't take coins, you have to use a phone card, sold at Tabbachi shops.

Wi-fi, on the other hand is getting easier to find. Sometimes airports will offer it for free, but not always. I'm sorry that I don't know what the wi-fi situation is at Venice airport.

The safest plan for contacting your hotel, tour guides, etc. is a mobile phone compatible with GSM. PAYG SIM cards are usually cheap and easy to find.

Thanks, I did consider unlocking my i-phone, but a tech guy at AT&T told me I could make calls (iphone to iphone) with wi-fi and/or use facetime without using data! I hope he's right. :eek: