Mobility scooter pick up location

bluehenfan

Has anyone picked up scooter at terminal rather than on ship ? It would be very helpful to me if I could do this. Cruising out of Baltimore on the Pride in April.

You can always check but doubt that Carevacation and or Specialneedsatseas would set up a delivery for pick up directly at the terminal than on the ship. Reasons being:

• neither company has a kiosk at the terminal that it can be delivered to and stored until you pick it up. The pier personal cruise line check-in representatives will not accept delivery of it since it's not being delivered directly on board the ship.
  • Also both companies do not schedule specific timed deliveries other than to state in the rental contract that the scooter will be delivered by 2:00 PM.

However if you are planning a pre-cruise hotel stay both companies will deliver the scooter to your hotel and you would than be responsible for transporting it to the ship. You can than arrange to have the scooter picked up from your stateroom on disembarkation day. This works if the scooter you've rented is Carevations Light-weight or Mid-size scooter or Specialneedsatseas Standard scooter which are the portable Pride Go-Go models that breakdown to fit into a car and does not require aaccessible lift.

You can always check with other mobility rental companies in the Baltimore area but keep in mind that on disembarkation day you will not be able to leave the scooter in your cabin for pickup instead you'll have to wait with the scooter at the pier/terminal until the company comes and picks it up which, if possible, probably impacts your return travel plans.

• 2 weeks later...
Has anyone picked up scooter at terminal rather than on ship ? It would be very helpful to me if I could do this. Cruising out of Baltimore on the Pride in April.

Call the rental company.. they might arrange something for you.. I rent mine from Special Needs At Sea everytime.. and once did a b2b that had a day gap inbetween.. and they allowed me to take it off the first ship and spend the day in the city then take it back with me on to the second ship the day after..