Name that Restaurant in Vancouver.....

O.K., her's the deal. Some friends of ours went to Vancouver and said they ate at the BEST Chinese restaurant they'd ever eaten at, but of course, cannot remember the name.

The only clues are this...

They are famous for their Dim Sum

Mick Jagger eats there whenever he's in Vancouver.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

I did a Google search and the only "Vancouver Chinese restaurant + Mick Jagger" hit I got back was the Imperial Seafood on Burrard. It's good, but I wouldn't call it the best by any means.

There are so many Chinese restaurants in the Vancouver area that it's pretty hard to tell you which one your friends mean. Most of the good ones are also known for good dim sum, so that's not much of a clue either.

If they could remember the location, it would be more help. Can they remember where the restaurant was? i.e. Downtown, Chinatown, outside the downtown core, in Richmond? Did they need to take a taxi to get there, or was it within walking distance of their hotel?

ell

We went to Shanghai Chinese Bistro on Alberni Street -- it was good, but more expensive. We went to Hon's Wun Tun House on Robson -- it was very good, cheap and lots of food. The ambience goes to Shanghai, but we loved the hustle and bustle of Hon's. The locals seem to go to Hon's.

• 2 weeks later...

A friend who works for the local concert venu remembered that the last time the Stones were in town they had gone to the Pink Pearl for Dim Sum. Does that sound at all familiar? It is on the far edge of Chinatown on Hastings St. and is actually pretty famous for dim sum. You have to be quick on the draw though because the carts fly pretty fast and furious there!

Archived