All Packed Up and Ready to Go

So everything is packed and checked and double checked and triple checked, and tomorrow the spray tan woman will be here at 9 and as soon as I am tanned I will take off. I am staying one night at my parent's house before heading down to Long Beach with my fiancé. His daughter is flying in from Illinois on Friday and my daughter and her hubby are flying in on Saturday and the wedding is Sunday. I'll try to remember every single detail for an awesome review when I get home!

I will. I asked all of our guests to download the wedpics app, so they can upload any pictures they take to there. Since we are cruising, I was afraid that somebody would post pictures on facebook and I wouldn't see it.

Wed pics app sounds like a great idea

I will look at it myself

So exciting

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Good luck and congratulations

Please post photos

Greg:)

Another option is to have everyone post the pics on instagram with an agreed upon hashtag. It seems to be all the rage at the weddings I have attended lately.

• 2 weeks later...

I am sitting on the Lido deck waiting to debark. I will get a review up in a couple days. 2. Quick things when things seem impossible (our wedding coordinator was a no show) it all works out beautifully and 2. Double your budget for the photos...I was so sure I could resist...but we spent double what we budgeted.

I am sitting on the Lido deck waiting to debark. I will get a review up in a couple days. 2. Quick things when things seem impossible (our wedding coordinator was a no show) it all works out beautifully and 2. Double your budget for the photos...I was so sure I could resist...but we spent double what we budgeted.

Congratulations!!!! I am so happy for you and yours. While it sucks that your coordinator did not show up...at all, its great that everything turned out beautiful. Cant wait to see pictures and read your review. Enjoy your vacation!!!

Congratulations! I'm glad that you were able to go with the flow and take problems in stride... that really is the biggest secret to having a happy wedding.

And I totally agree with the photos... we had originally budgeted $1000, then raised that to $2000 after seeing reviews on here about budgeting more. Then when we saw the photos, we ended up buying the whole package (books & all) for $4000. Although, some of that was because my parents had offered that morning to contribute $1500 toward photos. So, yeah, we probably could have stuck to the $2k budget and saved money (okay, a LOT of money), but it was nice being able to just take everything and not struggle over choosing. Honestly, I wish we had held back a little and gone somewhere in the middle. We have our large metal print on the wall, but the canvases are still rolled up under our bed. And we really don't have space, or really even desire, to have that many large wedding prints in our home. And I LOVE the photo books, but I made a shutterfly book that incorporates all of Carnival's photos, my photos, and guest photos for pre-wedding, ceremony, reception, and the cruise. And I use that to show everyone photos, since it is all inclusive of what I consider to be my wedding (getting nails done with the girls, hair & makeup, sightseeing pre-cruise, and the cruise itself), and not just the ceremony & reception. But, although I could live without some of the specialty materials (you can always get large prints & books made at home), I don't regret buying all of the photos & digital rights to them at all. There are some that, if we had cut back & selected photos, I know we would have passed up I'm glad we have. Like there is one of my SIL & her family, they aren't looking at camera, not a great photo but not horrible, but we definitely would have passed on buying it. But after looking through everything, it is the ONLY photo we have of any of them at the reception, so I'm really glad we have it. So, if you can fit it in budget to at least buy all the prints & rights, I'd certainly recommend it... it's hard to say no when you are so psyched while looking at the photos for the first time.

Another option is to have everyone post the pics on instagram with an agreed upon hashtag. It seems to be all the rage at the weddings I have attended lately.

Great idea

I have. To get into more technology

Thanks

Greg