No Atlantis on Carnival Cruise?

ldarcy

We called Carnival this weekend and were told that they wouldn't be offering the Atlantis excursion on this cruise. The person we spoke to didn't know why but we're wondering if it's because it's a Friday and will be too crowded? We're in port from 8:00 to 5:00 so it's not a time constraint.

We can still get tickets through Majestic or Comfort Suites but maybe it's not a good day to go if Carnival isn't going there?

Can anyone shed some light on this?

ldarcy

• 4 weeks later...

Just got off the NCL Getaway and was at Atlantis 9/12/14. Our itinerary was 12-6pm but got in a little early. We did the Comfort Suites Resort for the day and it was $299 for 2 Adults and 1 Child with full access to Atlantis but I know the prices vary by dates. We took a water taxi which is $4/PP one-way ($6/PP Round Trip). It was still a 10 minute walk to the resort and Comfort Suite is right next door. It can be hot so you might want to think about a taxi as they are $4/PP one-way and get there in a few minutes plus they drop you off at the door. It rained and by the time it let up we only had a couple hours to play around. Still had a lot of fun and wished I had more time. You definitely need at least 6 hours to explore the resort. We never saw the beach, blazed through the aquarium and digs, scarfed down some pizza (Pizza by the slice, Hot Dogs and Burgers go about $6 and water is $3.50) went down the big pyramid slide and hit the wave and rapids river. My 7 year old son wouldn't leave the river so we did it about 4 times including the slides on the river.

We hurried back to Comfort Suites to shower and change clothes. We got a taxi back as I didn't want to hike to the water taxi. I think this is a resort you need to stay at to enjoy everything. So figure out what you want to do and do that...don't try to do everything.