3am arrival into SJU

khiggs

• 2 weeks later...

I did once, close to that time. Getting a cab wasn't hard...and I felt fine, I was also solo so I was on my toes, but I didn't feel bad.

Wound up heading to the Sheraton over by the convention center, closer to Pan Am pier...I'd intended to store my luggage and stay up all night.....they actually gave me a part day rate on a room (without me even asking) and I got some unexpected, but much appreciated rest and was able to freshen up ...it had been an unintentionally long travel day (missed connections...)

I would probably not do it again, purposely, but if it's your only chance, you should be ok. Just try to be aware of what's up and have your cell phone handy....

My teenage daughter and I landed about 2am last summer. There was plenty going on, taxis available and we had no trouble getting to the Sheraton in Old San Juan. The hotel gave us a complimentary late check out, so we got some sleep and were able to easily walk across the street about 1pm the next day and get directly on the Fascination. After the cruise we rented a car at the port and drove out to El Conquistador for a couple days to see the Bio Bay and rainforest. Never felt unsafe and loved Puerto Rico!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums