How did you find a cheap car rental?

lovebug33

We would like to rent a car so that we can do something after the cruise (we don't leave until 7:30 at night:eek:). Now, it is just DH and I. To rent two one way car rentals was 220 dollars no matter who we called and the 9 days we would need is about 300 dollars. Any suggestions? If not, we will take the Galveston Limo, which is only 150 bucks round trip. This just all seems so expensive. AARGH! It is very frustrating when you are trying to save money!

We would like to rent a car so that we can do something after the cruise (we don't leave until 7:30 at night:eek:). Now, it is just DH and I. To rent two one way car rentals was 220 dollars no matter who we called and the 9 days we would need is about 300 dollars. Any suggestions? If not, we will take the Galveston Limo, which is only 150 bucks round trip. This just all seems so expensive. AARGH! It is very frustrating when you are trying to save money!

For out Conquest cruise April 6th, we used the Entertainment book and booked with Alamo. We picked up the car (compact) on Saturday April 5th at IAH and returned it it Sunday April 13th. With the Entertainment book there was a 10% discount and also a $20 off weekly rental. So the total including tax for 8 days was $149.65. We sayed Saturday Night at Harbor House and paid $10 to park the night we stayed and another $20 for the week of the cruise. It was not much more than taking a shuttle to Galveston and was nice to have the car to drive around Galveston.

Wow! I used those websites and got a rate of 489 dollars for the week:eek: . Do you think it's because we are going in August? I can do the shuttle thing but we so didn't want to spend 5 hours in the airport! This stinks :(

Yeah! I just typed in one more time for a one way rental from Hertz, and I got 70 bucks. Although, they said that was approximate, so I'll have to call about what that means. So, now we can use the shuttle to get down and the car to get back and we can go to the Space Center! Thanks for the help, all!

Archived