Chub Rub

jesskuhmarie

I wasn't sure where the best place to put this question would be but here it is. Does anyone have any good solutions for chub rub or thigh chafing? I rarely wear dresses or shorts because of this but I just bought three new maxi dresses for my cruise coming up in 2 weeks that I would love to wear most of the time, but I am concerned about the heat and humidity if my thighs rubbing together will be able to take it. I certainly don't want to get bad chafing on the first day and be uncomfortable in shorts or a bathing suit the rest of the trip. Years ago this would happen to me at the beach but I've just always worn capris or pants since to avoid it but I refuse to do that on my cruise .. so please if anyone has good solutions please share! The only solution I have found is using A&D ointment which I have done for a wedding I was in outdoors in the hear when I wore a dress but it was very goopy and kind of nasty feeling so I'm hoping for a better solution!

ETA: I am trying to lose weight before my cruise but I just booked it 6 weeks out and now its only 2 weeks away! I've lost 10 pounds and am hoping to lose at least 5 more before the cruise but lets face it .. with the shape of my thighs even if I lost all the weight I needed to lose they would still rub together.

Edited by jesskuhmarie

under dresses try shorts made from slip material or spanks (even bike shorts) that go down your thigh. If you find the right length shorts the thigh rubbing isnt a problem and they don't ride up. LandsEnd has a longer short that is really comfortable and looks nice.

Enjoy your cruise!

I wasn't sure where the best place to put this question would be but here it is. Does anyone have any good solutions for chub rub or thigh chafing? I rarely wear dresses or shorts because of this but I just bought three new maxi dresses for my cruise coming up in 2 weeks that I would love to wear most of the time, but I am concerned about the heat and humidity if my thighs rubbing together will be able to take it. I certainly don't want to get bad chafing on the first day and be uncomfortable in shorts or a bathing suit the rest of the trip. Years ago this would happen to me at the beach but I've just always worn capris or pants since to avoid it but I refuse to do that on my cruise .. so please if anyone has good solutions please share! The only solution I have found is using A&D ointment which I have done for a wedding I was in outdoors in the hear when I wore a dress but it was very goopy and kind of nasty feeling so I'm hoping for a better solution!

ETA: I am trying to lose weight before my cruise but I just booked it 6 weeks out and now its only 2 weeks away! I've lost 10 pounds and am hoping to lose at least 5 more before the cruise but lets face it .. with the shape of my thighs even if I lost all the weight I needed to lose they would still rub together.

Instead of something wet like A&D, try something dry, like powder or antiperspirant spray - not plain deodorant spray. The spray used to work great for me as long as I washed it off after a few hours and reapplied if necessary. I used to get inflamed stretch marks and the spray solved that problem. Powder works well short-term, but tends to get pasty if there's sweat. I've lost some weight so next cruise I'm just going to try some thin, snug, cotton shorts under my dress. Good luck!

I second the bike short thing, get a pair that's tight and it will not only help with the rub, but if you get a snug pair it will help you look a bit slimmer to. I wear bike shorts under my dresses not for help with what you need but to save myself in case a nice gust of wind decides to make my dress go all Marilyn Monroe on me :-)