Dream in December

byanks7

It was very windy on our December 2012 Bahamas cruise, much more so than March 2014 in the Caribbean. I was comfortable in "soft pants" and long sleeved t shirts during the day even though plenty of people were swimming and in shorts.

It was so cold and windy on the night of the pirate party that we barely saw the fireworks for wanting to get inside.

We still had a fantastic time, just not outside all day.

I think whether you think its warm, hot or cool depends some on where you are from. We did Disney in December last year and in the mornings it was "cooler" (maybe 70-75) then midday (it got up to 82 or so each day). In the morning when it was still on the "cooler side" all of the people who lived in Florida had sweaters on. All of us from the north were in the pool. We are cruising on the Fantasy the first week of December this year and though it may not be 85+ like it was our 4th of July cruise, it will be substantially warmer than whatever we would be facing in NY!

I think whether you think its warm, hot or cool depends some on where you are from. We did Disney in December last year and in the mornings it was "cooler" (maybe 70-75) then midday (it got up to 82 or so each day). In the morning when it was still on the "cooler side" all of the people who lived in Florida had sweaters on. All of us from the north were in the pool. We are cruising on the Fantasy the first week of December this year and though it may not be 85+ like it was our 4th of July cruise, it will be substantially warmer than whatever we would be facing in NY!

This above!

What do you perceive to be cold, cool, warm or hot!

If you feel the cold more than others, pack a sweater or jacket especially of you want to wander the open decks of an evening.

Depending on the prevailing winds, it could be chilly or warm and that could depend on what side of the ship you are on.

And if you have been in the pools and entering an enclosed area of the ship with aircon it will feel cold!

If you are espcially susceptible to different changes in temperature, the lobby atrium and hall ways will be fine, but if your are near an air-conditioning vent in the MDR's or Theatres, you may want a light shawl or something.

The engineers onboard do their best to regulate the temperature throughout the ships, but I'm sure you appreciate that an empty space being filled with 500+ or nearly 1000 people pretty much all at once suddenly generates a lot of body heat that the air conditioning has to cope with and compensate for without compensating too much.

What a balancing act!

ex techie

Edited by Ex techie

I was on the Fantasy in Sept 2013. Outside it was hot hot hot. I found inside to be chilly in the AC. So if you are a person that is often chilly, pack a sweater for your indoor activites too, no matter what time of year. :rolleyes:

Our family of 10 will also be sailing the Dream on Dec 1st and have the same question about the weather:confused:. Coming from Chicago, I certainly hope we'll have decent weather but, we'll definitely come prepared with sweaters, hoodies and jeans jackets. REALLY hope Castaway Cay is warm!

Our family of 10 will also be sailing the Dream on Dec 1st and have the same question about the weather:confused:. Coming from Chicago, I certainly hope we'll have decent weather but, we'll definitely come prepared with sweaters, hoodies and jeans jackets. REALLY hope Castaway Cay is warm!

Here's a link to the average air and sea temperatures for Great Abaco Island which is very near by:

http://go-abacos.com/clim/index.html

HTH's!

ex techie